Sennheiser gsx 1000 thread?

Soldato
FIRMWARE Update - Thanks to a guy called Meat Wad on Youtube for the heads up.
Firmware update released couple months ago. To update download the Sennheiser gaming updated, run the software I needed to then update the software for it to show the GSX has compatible. the new firmware will show up release notes below with link to updater.
https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/gaming-downloads

Sennheiser GSX 1000
Release Note

Date: 14-02-2018
Version: 5.23.37.0.808

Change Log

New Features:
• Added Support for tournament mode.
o Volume wheel on side can mute communication while tournament mode is active.

Changes and Bug fixes:
• Fixed an issue with start up on USB 3.0
• Microphone has been retuned for improved performance.
• Improved audio performance in 7.1 mode.
• Optimized signal to noise ratio on side-tone (microphone).
• Fixed an issue with mute function on windows 10.

Designed primarily for gaming, the GSX 1000 audio amplifier features a Sennheiser Binaural Rendering Engine. The groundbreaking 7.1 Virtual Surround Algorithm was developed with the needs of professional gamers in mind. Experience surround sound on a new level.

It works with PC and Mac.

SURROUND SOUND REBORN

Designed primarily for gaming, the GSX 1000 audio amplifier features a Sennheiser Binaural Rendering Engine. The groundbreaking 7.1 Virtual Surround Algorithm was developed with the needs of professional gamers in mind. Experience surround sound on a new level. It works with PC and Mac.

CHANGE SOUND SETTINGS ON THE FLY

The stylish and durable GSX 1000 features an intuitive LED touch panel and aluminum volume ring for rapid fingertip control of your sound, and requires no additional drivers – so there’s no need to tab out of the game to tweak your settings. You also have the possibility to save up to 4 favorite settings.

EXCEPTIONAL IMMERSION

The GSX 1000 has been designed to be the heart of your gaming sound, with a dedicated DAC chip that requires no additional drivers. The amplifier gives precise control of both game and communication sound, allowing for separate adjustment and USB inputs for each. Besides the range of EQ settings, it is also possible to set Reverberation levels to change how the user feels in physical spaces of the game.

INTUITIVE AUDIO CONTROL

The red on black display dims down when not in use to cut the distractions, and brightens the instant it senses your hand is near. It allows you to instantly adjust the Sidetone to change how loud your own voice sounds, and to switch between headset and speaker sound without unplugging cables.

Video for you guys :D not something I found easy doing tbh talking down a mic to yourself is harder then it seems. I tried my best though to explain everything and showcase the unit.

Looped music video for you
Start 2.0 - 0ff - Music - Story - 7.1 - off - Music - Story
and then for a laugh Esports 7.1

Dolby 7.1 test - "Throughout" ;) This video the interference is easy picked up :( So for this video ignore sound quality and just listen for the positional cues

Overwatch GSX vs Dolby - GSX really shows its worth in this title I feel.

Keep in mind here the GSX works best when a game or Movie is outputting native 5.1 / 7.1 channel the GSX then takes that and creates its own Virtual Surround sound.. This Video sample is "Stereo ONLY" so the GSX is taking a two channel stream and creating a virtual surround sound. Even though this isn't the recommended way of using the GSX I firmly believe it's done an excellent job here even beating the Dolby Atmos Headphone.

Just come across this Review of the GSX 1000. Not sure how I missed this I do follow this channel. Excellent Review and says it how it is!

Warning they is some bad language not to much.

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/audio-amplifier-gsx-1000

Last edited:
Soldato
Shame. Hopefully just being cleaned up. No reason to remove the thread completely, just because 2 members got in to a heated disagreement and started throwing the odd insult. Surely a friendly warning within the thread to stop it, would have sufficed I would have thought. Had other people waded in with insults, then I could understand the thread being removed.

Associate
Well this should be the new one. I wanted to check on that thread. Anyway. I'll get one but for the £200 its gotta be pending reviews. Plus my G5 is great. Only thing I don't like is SBX isn't tuned as good as it use to be and physically volume knob is a little fiddly.

Soldato
Is that how these forums work?
They just delete threads with nearly 100 informative posts because of 2-3 posts?

Which is why we tend to stay within the rules and keep things civil - that's the first post from this sub-forum I have known to be removed.

Associate
I think others were saying 150ohm doesn't tell whole story in regard to driving headphones? I hope so any way. I got the G5 at the moment. Sound quality is superb but SBX isn't as good as other creative products I've tried. If they update via a firmware I may stick with the G5 but otherwise I'm looking for something better

Soldato
Could be referring to CMSS 3D, but depends how old the others Creative products are. I've seen a few people say they preferred CMSS 3D. Can't get that any more though, unless buying an older X-Fi internal card. I'm not sure there were any external variants with CMSS 3D.

I think others were saying 150ohm doesn't tell whole story in regard to driving headphones?...

That's correct. Ohm rating alone doesn't mean too much, it's just a rough guide of sorts. Plenty of amps have more power than the specs might suggest; unless it's Creative of course. ;) :p

I have a FiiO X1 which if you look at the specs, is rated to drive 150 Ohm headphones, yet my HD600's work fine with it. Good sound and plenty of volume.

Associate
I read quite a few comments from others saying the same on headfi and creative forums. Creative has redone the SBX for the G5. It sounds no way near as good as the x7 or soundblaster z. The ques just sound muddled. It's ok don't get me wrong but a huge step down in positioning from the other two I mentioned. X7 and soundblaster I can track people through walls and hear elevation with ease. The G5 is much much worse. Which is a shame as sound quality is utterly superb. But I can't recommend the G5 at all. On games that have great positioning audio having someone come up behind you and kill you is something that never happens with the others creative products I've owned.

Soldato
Is that how these forums work?
They just delete threads with nearly 100 informative posts because of 2-3 posts?

What a waste of everyone's time, the last 5-10 posts were people trying to help someone with their SBX surround recordings, RIP that.

Some mods don't have time to whittle out the crap and personal insults so they lock the thread to let everyone calm down, ofc this thread has now been started and no one has time to merge the two so I'll leave it removed and locked.

Disagreements happen but it's best to ignore people if they are adding nothing pointing it out rarely results in anything but insults and mud slinging.

It's not the first it won't be the last but if we can keep it civil that would be grand. Especially as there is absolutely nothing to get wound up about lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom