Astro A50

Associate
OP
No one know about these?

They arent on Overclockers unfortunately but might be worth knowing about. They are advertised as PS4 and Xbox one headset but work natively with PC too

http://www.astrogaming.co.uk/product-landing-pages/a50-wireless-landing.html

I currently use Logitech G35, brilliant headset cannot fault anything at all about it except the cable. Bloody annoying, constantly tangling up within itself and this is why I am looking for a headset as good as the G35 (If not better) that is Wireless.

Soldato
There are some forum members who use wireless headsets, but most regular posters in sound city wouldn't touch wireless with a barge pole.

You've got to pay more to get decent wireless and for that money you can buy some great headphones that double up for music and gaming. No microphone admittedly, but not everyone needs a good one.

Wireless is seen more a gimmick by quite a few posters, because you're sat at the PC anyway. It tends to be people that get annoyed with a cable or manage to somehow break cables that are more tempted by wireless.

The Mixamp is a good bit of kit though.

Associate
Hello m8 I recently went wireless and yes I know what all the audiophiles say but I just wanted wire free gaming. Anyway I own good quality headphones if I want to listen to music. So this is my view and experience. I read countless reviews and depending what you read some say the astros are the best some say differently. Well astros were out of what I would pay so I looked at the alternatives. Long story short it was between the logitech g933 and the siberia 8oos. I got the g933s but I had nothing but issues,firstly disconnecting every 5 minutes so they went back . The next pair had software probs so I sent them back. Then the razer manowar wireless came out and I quite liked the look of them but in the mean time I found a Web site selling the siberias at a good price.....now a lot of reviewers say these are actually the best so I took a punt. I must say to get the maximum out of them you must run them through a sound card via optical. Well been using theses for about 6 weeks now and to be honest I've never had any issues with dropouts or software and they sound great. The only way I think you can really compare them is if you got different headsets at hand and can physically listen and change headset to get an idea which is best. Now I sometimes wonder if I should have just got some astros to see if they are any better but I happy so gonna stick with what I've got....

Associate
OP
Thanks Neil, appreciate that. The Astros A50 are £140 on another website, I am tempted to purchase except I have no optical port so wondering if its worth it without a sound card. I only have on board sound as I've always used my Logitech G35's which I consider a very good headset EXCEPT the cable.
Like I said in my post above the cable is so damn annoying, at least once a week I have to unplug from my computer to untangle it, its one of those thick sturdy cables that likes to tangle up within itself

Associate
i had the astro a40 wireless head phones for 4 years until the volume switch died on the cable. i loved them!
you can use them through usb without the optical as they are not "true" 7.1 just emulated via the mix amp so they work fine without an optical cable.
im looking to buy a new set of a50's with the new base station on pay day as ive been using a hyperx cloud 2 since the problem with the astros and i really dont like them half as much.
i would get them you wont be dissapointed, they are comfortable as hell too i used to forget i was wearing them

Back
Top Bottom