Anything better than Antec P100 for the money?

Soldato
Ok, I'm wanting a new mid-sized case. Currently have an Antec 300 but my 1070 barely fits, the HDD storage is a mess if you have lots of drives, and it's not noise dampened.

The Antec P100 looks good, but is there anything better for around the same money?

Requirements are-

-fits my 28cm GTX 1070, and some headroom for future GPU upgrades would be nice too
-storage for 5 SSDs, 1 HDD and 1 DVD, preferably with the drives side mounted (when viewed from front) so the wires connect behind the back plate
-dust filters an absolute must
-noise dampening would be a bonus
-front USB3 ports would be a bonus too
-good airflow i.e. HDD cage doesn't block front fans too much, and plenty of fan mounts

I already have spare tri-cool fans and I won't be watercooling.

Many thanks in advance for any help. Hope you don't think I'm being lazy by asking, but there are soooo many cases to choose from these days.

Soldato
OP
Yeah true, and it does look nice (esp. in white). Just checking there isn't a better choice.

I guess my only reservation is max GPU length for future upgrades, with it having a non-removable HDD cage.

Soldato
OP
Yup, I was just waiting for payday. Got one ordered. I'll post a pic of the build when it's done, should look pretty with the white interior :)

Soldato
OP
Got the P100 case and everything installed in it. It's very nice.

I didn't buy it mainly for sound dampening but wow it's so quiet. Probably 80% of the sound is gone versus the old case (which was already pretty quiet with 12cm antec tricool fans on slowest). It's just a whisper now, even with a mechanical drive and 7 fans installed.

I decided to stick with mounting the PSU upside-down since it's an extra exhaust and means I don't need to install a fan on the top, plus I don't want the PSU sucking up dust from the carpet.

Cabling (and therefore airflow) is so much better than with the old case, and the GPU fits nicely.

Job done, cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom