First time on Motorway after passing driving test any tips ?

Soldato
I figure driving on the motorway is a lot easier than driving on the streets.....

any tips for someone that has not driven on one yet by themselfs. :D i cant wait lol

I have been getting this lately aswell and its ****ing me off, White van drivers gluing to my ass within less than a car lenth, been a few times where if i had to have slammed on the breaks they would have been into the back of me lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you serious?

The left lane is the lane you drive in regardless of speed. If you need to overtake, use the middle lane. If you need to overtake someone in the middle lane, use the right lane, and so on. If you are going to hang out in the middle or rightmost lanes when not overtaking, please be travelling fast i.e. 90+.

If you do 60 MPH in the middle lane I will ram you off the road.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
PMK is right You stay in the left lane until you need to overtake.

My tip is check your blind spot & get your speed up on the slip road joining the motorway so that you match the speed of the traffic on the motorway for when you join.

Soldato
I figure driving on the motorway is a lot easier than driving on the streets.....
left lane for 50-55mph
middle for 60+
right for 70mph

Jesus, no wonder the motorways are so congested if people believe this.

Did you not drive on any multi-lane A-roads during your driving lessons? Did your instructor not tell you about lane discipline?

Associate
I have been getting this lately aswell and its ****ing me off, White van drivers gluing to my ass within less than a car lenth, been a few times where if i had to have slammed on the breaks they would have been into the back of me lol

It's easier said than done but try to not get annoyed at them and just increase the gap in front of you so if something should happen you don't need to slam on the brakes and get rear ended.

Soldato
OP
Yeah your right there should be training on motorways and dual carriageways in the testing but i figured better to be safe than sorry so i asked in her

you nice folks seem to be nice they way you put your words across :/

Back
Top Bottom