Council Tax

Soldato
If you lose your job and have ran out of money do they let you off paying for a few months to let you get sorted finding a new job ?

Permabanned
I actually agree with not putting people in prison for things that aren't dangerous, prison should be for protecting everyone else, rather than a punishment.

However, it's not okay for someone to scrounge off everyone else - those people shouldn't be allowed to live here. I'd abolish job seekers, child tax credits, all of it. No more freeloading.

That's the only condition in which I'd sign your petition, so... doubt it tbh.

Soldato
I actually agree with not putting people in prison for things that aren't dangerous, prison should be for protecting everyone else, rather than a punishment.

However, it's not okay for someone to scrounge off everyone else - those people shouldn't be allowed to live here. I'd abolish job seekers, child tax credits, all of it. No more freeloading.

So you'd ok with people living on the streets till they found a job ?

Man of Honour
Not signed, the idea that some people should not pay tax while getting services paid for by said tax is unfair, wrong and immoral.

This does not mean I support council tax, which is a stupid system to start with.

Soldato

wow your so ignorant, perhaps you have never been in a situation where there is no money to pay for the cost of living, what i would do is to abolish people like you who live a bubble and have no sense on how the real world works :rolleyes:

Hopefully they'd have savings or friends/family for temporary help - but yeah, essentially.

It'd make ppl think twice about what they spend money on, saving would be essential.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: blimey.

Man of Honour
I presume the threat of a prison term is there to push the very people who would not pay it without such a push. If it was to be removed a lot of councils may indeed find themselves chasing non paying tax evaders until death while services suffered from lack of funding.

Councils are wasteful, no-one ever gets all the services they want or at a quality they demand but without council tax revenues they would grind to a halt.

There is enough help for those who need it and every opportunity to avoid going to court or even prison.

Signature refused.

Man of Honour
Actually, I will sign if you'll amend the petition to suggest that tax arrears (and might as well throw in court fines etc) are deducted from source (benefits or earnings) as an alternative at either value or a cap of 20% of income until paid in full. That way we have no prison and a definite maintenance of income stream.

Man of Honour
Actually, I will sign if you'll amend the petition to suggest that tax arrears (and might as well throw in court fines etc) are deducted from source (benefits or earnings) as an alternative at either value or a cap of 20% of income until paid in full. That way we have no prison and a definite maintenance of income stream.

That would make far too much sense.

Associate
agreed i DONT think you should go to prison.

you should be put in stocks on your local street and be pelted with fruit(which is not allowed to be sold under eu regs due to size) from the people that do pay.

i dont mind paying my council tax but here they enforce a 2 strike rule if your late paying one month then you get a strike two times its two strikes then your not allowed installments again as you are seen as a bad payer

now sometimes this is difficult if your paid monthly or something serious pops up and you need to delay payment by a week.

also gypsy people in caravans should also pay and all peole who own static vans on holiday sites

also children over 18 should have to pay if they are working.

they should split it up and then proportion the payments for working adults still living at home.:)

Soldato
It's kind of annoying to me that the council tax i pay for, gives them working for the council a better wage than mine, they get so much more than me, yet obviously no-one cares, they don't look at your wage and think its a little too much to pay.. A blanket rate on the price of your house isn't fair.

Just like getting poor people paying for green energy, when it should come out of tax so the top earners pay for it.

Permabanned
wow your so ignorant, perhaps you have never been in a situation where there is no money to pay for the cost of living, what i would do is to abolish people like you who live a bubble and have no sense on how the real world works :rolleyes:

I actually grew up in this situation and worked my way out of it.

So I feel perfectly justified in expecting others to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom