7th Annual BOINC Pentathlon: 5th - 19th June 2016

Soldato
OP
OK, so I'm thinking..

Atlas ... Being as we like this one, and the admin wants to be in it and ensured extra work units.
Asteroids .... stable, lots of work, GPU entry but scores great on CPU as well.
Skynet POGs ... stable, lots of work

Maybe
Cosmology, NFS or Enigma ??

or even Universe? I'll take this as Ba's entry :) we already have a strong team on there.

PDW

PDW

Associate
OK, so I'm thinking..

Atlas ... Being as we like this one, and the admin wants to be in it and ensured extra work units.
Asteroids .... stable, lots of work, GPU entry but scores great on CPU as well.
Skynet POGs ... stable, lots of work

Maybe
Cosmology, NFS or Enigma ??

or even Universe? I'll take this as Ba's entry :) we already have a strong team on there.
Despite what your first post said I think voting closes on the 27th but their website is suffering from 'technical difficulties' at the moment.
Have you already selected our entries for this or are you going to wait till voting closing ?

I can wait, just thought it had got a bit quiet in here !

Soldato
OP
I was aware it was the 27th, I amended post #5, didn't remember I stated the 17th in the first post :o No I haven't entered us yet and yes, I thought it would be fun to cast our vote after it had finished :D The site has been down since the weekend, I will enter us as soon as it's back, there was another longer deadline for entering but without the options of choosing project recommendations, but I'm sure they extend the first deadline considering the circumstances.

Soldato
OP
Major Update, this year's pentathlon will be postponed.

Dear fellow crunchers,

bad news today. As you may already have noticed, seti-germany.de and the Pentathlon pages have been down since Saturday. The server was hacked and we do not know yet when everything will be back online. Of course, we do not want to bring it back up just to see it being hacked again during the Pentathlon. Additional security measures are being implemented right now.

I really feel bad to have to say this, but we will have to postpone this year's Pentathlon to make sure that we can provide the usual service (stats, daily bulletin, project announcements) and all teams have the opportunity to sign up. We can not give a new date right now, but we hope that we can run it still in May or early June, as we definitely want to avoid the hot summer months.

If you registered your team before last Friday, all information is in our latest backup and will be restored. If you wanted to participate but could not sign up yet, don't worry; we'll make sure that you can still sign up once the Pentathlon pages are back online (of course, you can also submit your project suggestions via email if you like).

We will post a proper announcement as soon as we have a new date. Really sorry for the chaos this year.

Regards,
pschoefer

Why anyone would want to hack a volunteer boinc team is beyond me.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Seems they are back in business and everything has been put back by 1 month :)

Let's hope that's not when summer is this year !

Associate
They start keeping score on June 5th at 00:00 UTC, but they will announce the first project on May 31st 00:00 UTC (or shortly after). That's when it begins! You need to load a full bunker then and suspend network activity until May 5th 00:00 UTC.

Back
Top Bottom