**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Quality Assurance task at General Atomics

I'm reading up everywhere that the above mini-quest is screwed if you've previously visited General Atomics, which I have, and not attempted it then. Is this still the case? I thought I'd ask the experts ;)

Soldato
I've just started Automatron and there's a persuasion attempt when talking to Ada after defeating all the robots. Are there any serious consequences to failing it? I still finished the quest and "A New Threat" started:confused:

I have a save from before starting the quest just in case

Soldato
I gave up on the Harbour dlc. I only cared about one character in it then that person ends up dying. Also my companion has nothing to say about us travelling to a new land other than to repeatedly point out that it's radioactive.

Last edited:

FTM

FTM

Soldato
playing a new game with The war of the commonwealth mod

its makes it seriously hard..meeting legendaries straight away, and even encountering a wandering pack of ghouls just walking down to sanctuary after leaving the vault

ammo management becomes critical early on and I am often bypassing mobs as they fight with each other, plus points being I can scavenge the aftermath or pick off weakened mobs

Soldato
Was on my way to do a quest, when next to the quest location I stumbled upon a parking garage, the strangest place ever. Had to very carefully navigate through the inside of it, disarming loads of tripwires, bathroom scales and grenade bouquets, before ending up with a slight difficult choice as to which loot I should take, since picking one automatically destroyed the other one.

Has anyone else stumbled upon this place ? I have put the exact location in the spoiler, incase some of you have not venture everywhere and found it already and don't want to be.. well, spoilered about where it is. :p

It right next to the Milton General Hospital, where you have to go and rescue Kent Connolly when doing the last part of the Silver Shroud Quest.
I got to admit though, was a bit peeved on the owner so I placed 3 mines under their bed. :eek: :mad: :cool: :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
[..]
I got to admit though, was a bit peeved on the owner so I placed 3 mines under their bed. :eek: :mad: :cool: :p

You entered their home, disarmed their home defences and stole the key parts from their home defences (so they won't be able to defend their home now), then you stole their stuff....and you're a bit peeved at them?

I found it too. There are a few unmarked locations. Maybe more than a few.

Soldato
You entered their home, disarmed their home defences and stole the key parts from their home defences (so they won't be able to defend their home now), then you stole their stuff....and you're a bit peeved at them?

I found it too. There are a few unmarked locations. Maybe more than a few.

Of course I was peeved at them.. I wanted ALL the loot they had ! :mad: :o :mad: Why you think I went to all that trouble disarming all their traps and what not ?!? :D :p

Soldato
How on earth do I get this to accept a 1440p resolution? I've edited the two fallout4pref.ini exactly as shown in videos, but 1920x1200 is the highest the game launcher goes to.

When I launch it in said 1920x1200, the screen is off center and all zoomed..

Last edited:
Soldato
How on earth do I get this to accept a 1440p resolution? I've edited the two fallout4pref.ini exactly as shown in videos, but 1920x1200 is the highest the game launcher goes to.

When I launch it in said 1920x1200, the screen is off center and all zoomed..

I take it you have a widescreen monitor, 3440 x 1440 resolution ? If that is the case, use this mod - Fallout 4 Configuration Tool - By Bilago by Bilago

Or if you don't want to use that, you can use Flawless Widescreen as well to get your widescreen sorted.

Soldato
Acer XB270HU.

I remember it worked on my old 4K one for sure. I have the 1920x1200 res but my HUD is pushed to the side..
Ok thanks.

Edit: Ok I've had it, it's really doing my nut in now. The config sort of works, doesn't save my resolution, the HUD is messed up etc.

Really really p***ing me off.. Such a simple thing as a bloody different resolution but no.. can't have that easy.

I appreciate the help but I just can't get it working. Uninstalled it yet again. Beginning to wish I never bought it in the first place.

Last edited:
Associate
Acer XB270HU.

I remember it worked on my old 4K one for sure. I have the 1920x1200 res but my HUD is pushed to the side..
Ok thanks.

Edit: Ok I've had it, it's really doing my nut in now. The config sort of works, doesn't save my resolution, the HUD is messed up etc.

Really really p***ing me off.. Such a simple thing as a bloody different resolution but no.. can't have that easy.

I appreciate the help but I just can't get it working. Uninstalled it yet again. Beginning to wish I never bought it in the first place.

Go here and follow what it says

Soldato
ooohh shoot. Well downloading again. Sorry for the outburst I don't usually get that frustrated.

Thank you very much.

Doesn't do a thing. I tried both 3440x1440 and 2560x1080 whatever in nexus mod manager. the resolutions don't even appear. If I download them manually what do I do with them? There's NO instructions..

Edit, OK it worked. Used fraps and the screenshot was 2560x1440. That's confusing but it works.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really enjoying my playthrough now that I have some mods that have addressed a few issues. I am using a load of HD texture replacers and the game looks stunning.

I'm also using loads of settlement mods, including one that makes settlers better, and especially one that allows you to craft stations in your settlements that give you supplies when you man them. IT makes so much more sense than vanilla! It is called Northlanddigger's crafting. I've got Red Rocket looking pretty good so far.

Also, Survival mode really isn't that hard. I really like it, but if you use it I would recommend changing the timescale personally, as the rates at which you get hungry etc are ridiculous!

I have done the first Automatron mission and I like the robot building stuff.

Main story is still awful at the start though. Really drags the game down

Soldato
Honestly, I know it's a heresy to some but I'm enjoying it more than the Witcher 3 (maybe because I went in without big expectations and W3 was massively overrated). It's a complete time sucker, around 50h in and I've barely scratched the main story because I was so distracted. Automation was great and the game looks pretty amazing with just a couple of mods.

Soldato
I like Automatron, but it seems to mess up random encounters?... Almost all of them are replaced by the rust devil mob. I'm trying to get the level 4 traders but can't find any of them!

Back
Top Bottom