HELP - Alien Isolation

Soldato
If you are at the bit when the Alien first drops down from the ceiling I found a fairly effective strategy.

Once dropped down 9 times out of 10 he/she will enter the medical room on the left hand side, it is the room with the corridor totally surrounding it. when it drops down hide under the bed that is in the corridor. Once it goes through the doors listen for the second set of doors to open as it exits the other end of the medical room.

As mad as it seems follow it into the medical room, it rarely back tracks but seems to turn right a majority of the time and do a loop into the medical room. Hide in the medical room lockers, let it go through and again listen for the doors to open and close.

If you travel through the second set of doors you are bang on getting through the coded door which you can temporarily lock after you are through to buy yourself time for you next hiding spot.

The next bit is a bit touch and go so find a save point and experiment. I found that sometimes getting caught in the open and hiding behind pretty obvious low camouflaged objects had a high success rate of not being seen.

Once I was cornered and figured it was all over so just squatted and turned my back waiting for the inevitable. Blow me it just ignored me and stomped off.

Also listen for its heavy foot steps they give up its position well in advance.

Flares will keep it occupied for ages as it just stares at them.

Soldato
OP
Well I finally went back after a few months and completed the game and have to say I have never felt so proud of myself or such a sense of achievement completing this game over any other. What an awesome game and story - this really is a masterpiece and truly fitting for the awesome films (well the first 2 anyway).

My only slight complaint was the inconsistency of the positioning of save points - some time they seemed to be around every other corner and then other times you might have been playing for 20 minutes without finding another only to be killed and have to try again. It does deliver a real sense of relief when you do find them though.

Is any of the DLC content worth a play through?

Soldato
OP
I think I said before - if it takes you 20 minutes between saves then you've missed one somewhere. :p

Yeah you could be right, although I remember frequently checking the map. I think the problem was likely to be my cowardice - spending too damn long hiding in lockers at the slightest noise!

It is a terrifying game - even after you get the flamethrower you still need to be quick and keep your back to the wall!

Soldato
Well I finally went back after a few months and completed the game and have to say I have never felt so proud of myself or such a sense of achievement completing this game over any other. What an awesome game and story - this really is a masterpiece and truly fitting for the awesome films (well the first 2 anyway).

My only slight complaint was the inconsistency of the positioning of save points - some time they seemed to be around every other corner and then other times you might have been playing for 20 minutes without finding another only to be killed and have to try again. It does deliver a real sense of relief when you do find them though.

Is any of the DLC content worth a play through?

Think there are many in early parts of the game, rarer later on - makes sense you get better in the game so it's harder.

Soldato
This was an exceptional game, and all the more notable for being one of the few AAA titles that arrived on the PC in an unusually polished state.

Man of Honour
This was an exceptional game, and all the more notable for being one of the few AAA titles that arrived on the PC in an unusually polished state.

Yup, was my personal Game of the Year for 2014.

Its rare to find a game which does everything right, gameplay, aesthetics, graphics, sound, atmosphere, faith to the IP. It really is a masterpiece imo.

Back
Top Bottom