Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

Permabanned
So my third game and the Unbidden appeared a nice distance away from my empire and started royally tearing everyone up. Everyone invites everyone into a Federation excluding me (because I'm repugnant) to combat the new threat.

I am however allied to one guy and the idiot start to antagonize some super advanced fallen empire (Keepers of Knowledge), who then declare war on him, and in turn declare war on me.

Now I have an super advanced alien race flying around my empire melting everything with their tachyon beams.

I tried to reload and back out the alliance but said something about upsetting other races so I couldn't leave and now I'm dead.

Associate
So my third game and the Unbidden appeared a nice distance away from my empire and started royally tearing everyone up. Everyone invites everyone into a Federation excluding me (because I'm repugnant) to combat the new threat.

I am however allied to one guy and the idiot start to antagonize some super advanced fallen empire (Keepers of Knowledge), who then declare war on him, and in turn declare war on me.

Now I have an super advanced alien race flying around my empire melting everything with their tachyon beams.

I tried to reload and back out the alliance but said something about upsetting other races so I couldn't leave and now I'm dead.

Ohh, and to put the icing on the cake. AI is bugged with the Unbidden, they won't attack at all!

Soldato

If you find yourself at war with a Fallen Empire early on, surrender. If you have a doomstack, fight them once first - if you can take out just one of their ships you will be able to start research on Tier 5 weapons technology by analysing the debris. After that you will rule the galaxy.

Permabanned
Thanks. I reloaded it a way back and disbanded my alliance. Destroyed an Unbidden outpost and swiped some hypershields and disintegrator rays. Upgraded and sent my 55k fleet straight into this Fallen Empire. Still lost :)

Even though I destroyed some I cannot get my science ship to analyze the debris as it's in their territory, and I cannot bait them into mine.

I've pretty much exhausted my technology tree (I thought you could research everything given enough time but that appears not the case) so by attacking the Fallen I could aquire some new tech branches. I need more technology, the Unbidden have conquered nearly half the galaxy now.

Permabanned
Tried this over the weekend and it's not bad but very slow, makes Civilization games seem fast paced.

Also the game does a poor job explaining some of the aspects of the game, sectors for example I don't really get.

Other than getting past the very low 5 planet limit I don't see the benefit.

Anyway, I'd rather just play Civilization, I want to like this but arbitrary rules and limitations with little reasoning kind of annoy me.

Permabanned
Sectors are there to help with micromanagement. Just throw money and minerals at them and they build themselves. Once done you can bring them into your core planets and tweak them yourself.

Man of Honour
I think that Sectors are also there to attempt to simulate the political structure thats needed to operate a vast empire. It forces you into selecting people for office so that their traits can in some way simulate a governmental organisation. A sort of stab at an added degree of realism, it wouldnt be terribly likely that a single person on a single planet could govern a planet dozens of light years away, without having some sort of sub-representative there.

Sort of like how here on Earth there are countries who have Dependencies but still have their own Governor in charge, such as Gibraltar and Bermuda being dependencies of the UK

Soldato
Dev diary 35, for those who want to have a laugh
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-35-qa-in-space.939356/

One of the early buggy versions when AI couldn't cope with instant rebellions.
index.php

lol

Caporegime
Sectors are there to help with micromanagement. Just throw money and minerals at them and they build themselves. Once done you can bring them into your core planets and tweak them yourself.

one great thing for sectors is adding frontier outposts to themm removes the influence upkeep cost for m the station.

so one planet as a sectorcan let you quickly gobble hup huge areas with frontier outposts

Permabanned
Cool will try that tonight. Might explain why I never exceed my sector limits.

I wiped out them Keepers of Knowledge and purged them all. Now my people are unhappy but that's ok, I have gene warriors everywhere.

Moved my people in and they started dismantling dark matter powerplants to build a farms. Even through there was a perfectly good farm of +14 to use :p

Permabanned
I played a bit last night.

Loaded save game after updating and the Unbidden immediately open another portal. But they're kinda different and they're hunting the other Unbidden. Then about 50 years later a third Unbidden portal opens. I don't know what they want but the AI made short work of them all (ya they attack them now).

Runs a lot smoother. Umm you can hit corvettes now. Other stuff I'm sure I.E colony managent.

It desperately needs the overview from EUIV, so you can see what federations/coalations are at war with each other. Plus when you're listing demands upon declaration of war, need to be able to click planets etc and not choose from a massive list of of nonsense.

Associate
Talked to a friend that plays this game a lot - he said that this game is not really worth the money and it was just hype and thats all it has to offer because it is a bit too easy after you get to a certain point

Associate
one great thing for sectors is adding frontier outposts to themm removes the influence upkeep cost for m the station.

so one planet as a sectorcan let you quickly gobble hup huge areas with frontier outposts

That's actually confirmed to be a bug, so you're probably better off not relying on that as it'll be fixed soon :(

Talked to a friend that plays this game a lot - he said that this game is not really worth the money and it was just hype and thats all it has to offer because it is a bit too easy after you get to a certain point

Sounds like he's one of those steam review people who have 200+hours played and give a game a not recommended.

Soldato

It's an inevitable fact that empire-building games in arenas with finite resources will become trivial once you acquire a large enough share of the resources to render opposition futile. Paradox handle this better than most companies by finding ways to make empires become increasingly unwieldy as they scale, but Stellaris is a new type of project for them and they haven't yet perfected the methods for this game. Come back in a couple of patches, things will be tougher and more balanced.

Soldato
I still enjoy Stellaris but I started a game as a race of Xenophobes who want to enslave/purge all alien races.

A reasonable start on my last game but all of my neighbours are now in a federation, so I can't attack anyone without going to war with about 10 nations at once. GG expansion!

They need to add some options for developing the stations/planets more I think, in EU4 you can dump extra monarch points/gold into improving provinces/buildings, I think Stellaris may benefit from such a system as well.

My biggest bug bear at the moment is that during war an enemy fleet can swoop in and destroy a planets space station before you can react, which is a right pain and they take ages to rebuild. Defense stations seem weak and you can't chain them near each other either, feels like localised planet defense is hard.

Back
Top Bottom