Planet Coaster

Soldato
Alpha Update #2 is out.

Its got terraforming, a handful of coasters, some new flat rides, and a few other bits & pieces including some changes based on community feedback & natural progression of the feature etc.

Its looking very good, but as ive said with the first version, until theres a management aspect its still just a sandbox for making something pretty... which is fine (and it looks amazing), but not a game yet. I wouldnt say theres reason for concern, the way they've done everything so far suggests its a high quality title, its just hard to judge the 'game' aspect till theres an objective and challenge.

Agree with this but if there was ever a theme park game to get hyped about it's this.

Some of the creations ive seen with very basic tools is phenominal. If they get the management side of things right and i cant see why they won't. Then i'll lose days of my life.

Soldato

Three rides I put together the other night, one being an actual dive machine this time! (Should be 1440p60 blah blah :p)

Few annoying bugs such as track pieces not rotating past a certain point (hence a vertical drop flying coaster and some harsh turns further on), but its a nice update.

Soldato
Fantastic Video.

Watching that, you can see both the game I loved back in 99, and it's future. Interested to know what comes in the way of flat rides in PC. I've seen a few branded rides, such as the Air Race.

Frontier have any licencing agreements with the major manufacturers such as Zamperla.

Caporegime
I'm so stoked for this, apart from one thing, Dark Rides.

I want to build pirate rides and haunted houses, that sort of thing. So far, I've seen nothing like that. Dark rides are essential imo. You can get so creative with them. I spent ages on RCT3 trying to make a good POTC ride.

How long must this have taken to build :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
This and Forza Horizon 3 are right at the top of my wanted list this year. Spent hours back in the day on the RCT games and the possibilities were just endless. This'll be a day one purchase for me without question.

Soldato
Still in Alpha, Phase 3 expected around the end of July.

Even so some of the stuff that people are creating with such limited items is ridiculous. I've noticed over on their forums people are already adding in custom items to the game.

Soldato
Every time I see a video of this it makes me want to pre-order, I just have no idea if I have the patience to play it, is it going to be a traditional earn money for upgrades style game or can you just build whatever you like?

Back
Top Bottom