CS:GO Discussion

Associate
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

CS:GO Steam Store

Quote:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

Community servers

Jazzerman’s server – connect 85.236.100.94:28315 - (description i.e. game mode/map rotation)

FeFiDoh’s server - connect 85.236.100.94:27415 - (description i.e. game mode/map rotation)

arjgrundy’s server - connect 81.19.208.17:27025 - (description i.e. game mode/map rotation)

OcUK players

Currently the OcUK Steam names list doesn't feature CS:GO but Antar Bolaeisk assures me it's coming!

IRC channels (@Quakenet)

#5on5.csgo – probably the most popular scrim channel at the moment for CS:GO.
#pcw.csgo - another scrim channel
#csgo.cadred - Cadred's CS:GO channel

Mumble/Vent

OcUK mumble - Not used for CS:GO people yet, but that can change!
CS:GO Mix Mumble

Resources

Steam forums - CS:GO
Autoexec thread
Weapon binds
Crosshair customisation
Net settings recommendation (if get consistently over 128 fps)
Youtube weapon guides
Competitive CS:GO news
Ok So got the beta key for cs:go from 5UB! N1 =]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So just want to see what everyone who got a key thinks?

I personally love the game and think its gonna get better and better.
Really not sure on the score board and the sound is still all over the place but it is BETA.

What we all thinking?

Soldato
Needs work and deleting that AWFUL level with the trains!

I like the gun action and the graphics improvement, but the gun noises are all wrong and the extra sounds make it sound stupid.

Associate
Never played Counter Strike games untill this Beta so cant compare . But it just seems like a 5 year old game, the movements like for e.g going up ladders lol just doesnt get me going at all. Gave it a chance but not for me im afraid.

Caporegime
games fine less buggy than half of new releases and is in beta

no silly unlocks , no spammy fights 5v5 oh and free mods :D

what more could you ask for and all for 10-15 quid when released :p

Soldato
Have only played an hour and a half so far, but I don't think it's too bad at all. Some of the gun models are terrible and it still needs tweaking/polish, but overall it's ok.

Associate
I haven't really played it much but to be honest it seems just like counter strike source. What's annoying me is that you can't make the crosshair smaller, but that will probably be changed for the release.

Associate
Its atrocious.... I will be sticking with source no matter how little this costs when it comes out.

WTF have they done to B bombsite on Nuke for cryn out loud.....its shockingly bad.

Soldato
I've played the beta a few times and quite like it, not such a departure from the series as I thought it was going to be when the first videos surfaced, not that I've ever been a die hard fan, just an occasional player.

Back
Top Bottom