Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

Associate
I'm looking forward to this... its one of the few series which hit my sweet spot of good gameplay, compelling storyline, and replayability down the road

If you know the series.. think back to the original metal gear games, before Metal gear solid, which were "Metal Gear", and "Metal Gear 2", the events in Ground Zeroes and Phantom pain go a long way to explaining Big Boss' "darth vader" style fall from grace, into the bad guy

Because the character has not only aged, but been in a coma, I hope they use the MGS 4 voice actor for Big Boss (Richard Doyle), I understand for whatever reason Hayter, who has voiced Solid Snake + Big Boss in the other games won't be voicing the main character this time round

I'd also point out, it appears they have got Keither Sutherland to voice act for the game (the guy with bandages all over his face)

Either way... half the fun is the anticipation :)

Soldato
Eh, for me the Metal Gear Solid series died with MGS4. It stopped being about "Tactical Espionage Action" and more about Kojima saying "How loopy can I make the story and how little gameplay can I actual put in before people realise I'm taking the ****".

Associate
Bit of speculation as to wether "bandaged face bloke" is actually a young/pre-cyborg greyfox / frank jaegar.. far as the story goes BB already bumped into him once (see : Null)

Horsey man is obviously ocelot (bit aged mind)

Wondering if the man on fire is a hallucination of Python rather than Volgin

Seen the young Mantis

Big muscled man that hits something in anger could be a young raven? (aka "throw grenades at me")

Caporegime
I'm looking forward to this... its one of the few series which hit my sweet spot of good gameplay, compelling storyline, and replayability down the road

If you know the series.. think back to the original metal gear games, before Metal gear solid, which were "Metal Gear", and "Metal Gear 2", the events in Ground Zeroes and Phantom pain go a long way to explaining Big Boss' "darth vader" style fall from grace, into the bad guy

Because the character has not only aged, but been in a coma, I hope they use the MGS 4 voice actor for Big Boss (Richard Doyle), I understand for whatever reason Hayter, who has voiced Solid Snake + Big Boss in the other games won't be voicing the main character this time round

I'd also point out, it appears they have got Keither Sutherland to voice act for the game (the guy with bandages all over his face)

Either way... half the fun is the anticipation :)

Hayter did post this on 1 April though

Wouldn't be surprising of Kojima to ask him to make it out he isn't returning

Associate
yea, Kojima is a bit of a troll

But my reasons behind mentioning the Hayter thing is because following the timeline of Phantom, theres every possibility we may begin to see a young Solid Snake come into view if not the story at some point.. even if its just a brief dialogue of sorts, factor in the whole accelerated aging thing (see mgs4) and theres every possibility

In the same breath, as much as they say "not making more games" we both know if theres demand they'll do it.. the next step from Phantom Pain is remakes of the original Metal Gear 1 / 2, to finish up Naked Snake/Big Boss' story and complete his "fall from grace", so you'd want to have some distinction between his voice and that of his clone

Would be a bit wierd to see a dialogue between middle aged big boss and solid snake with Hayter va'ing both.. one of those awkward moments, like someone with a voice box ordering at a drive-through :p

Associate
I'm hopeful for Phantom Pain! MGS has always been a great series in my eyes, some games better than others yes, but most of them are to a brilliant quality and deliver something that other games can not. :)

Caporegime
yea, Kojima is a bit of a troll

But my reasons behind mentioning the Hayter thing is because following the timeline of Phantom, theres every possibility we may begin to see a young Solid Snake come into view if not the story at some point.. even if its just a brief dialogue of sorts, factor in the whole accelerated aging thing (see mgs4) and theres every possibility

In the same breath, as much as they say "not making more games" we both know if theres demand they'll do it.. the next step from Phantom Pain is remakes of the original Metal Gear 1 / 2, to finish up Naked Snake/Big Boss' story and complete his "fall from grace", so you'd want to have some distinction between his voice and that of his clone

Would be a bit wierd to see a dialogue between middle aged big boss and solid snake with Hayter va'ing both.. one of those awkward moments, like someone with a voice box ordering at a drive-through :p

Sod that, Hayter's voice is too good :p

Soldato
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Coming to PC – Report

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance-Coming-to-PC-Report-354199.shtml

Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima has apparently confirmed that the latest entry in the huge franchise, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, will be released on the PC platform.

The game has already been launched for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 earlier this year.

Metal Gear Rising marked quite a few new things for the franchise, as it was a stylish hack and slash experience, as opposed to previous stealth titles in the series, and was made by Platinum Games, the studio behind Vanquish or Bayonetta.

Now, after releasing the game on the PS3 and Xbox 360 and then launching quite a few add-ons, creator Hideo Kojima has apparently confirmed in a new HideRadio podcast, via NeoGAF, that Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is going to be launched for the PC.

that's good

Soldato
I liked MG 1 and 2 on the nes and mgs on the psx. I tried mgs 2 but really didnt like it tbh. Not really been interested in the mg games since then. Shame they didnt remake mgs in hd with high quality models and textures not just the res.

Back
Top Bottom