Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
Can't view at work but are you telling me they are doing a Total War... as in Rome/Shogun etc version of Warhammer? Is it the same devs? I thought they were working on Atilla?

Soldato
OP
Creative Assembly are doing it, they have quite a few teams. One for Alien Isolation, one for rome 2 and attilla and so on. We were told about this in 2012 that CA bought the license but we didn't know it would be a total war game...until now.

Attilla seems to be a bit of a mess like rome 2 but im sure will be good after lots of patches and mods like rome 2 is currently.

Quote from the article made by CA

“…taking the series to a fantasy setting with Total War: Warhammer.”

Soldato
This should be the perfect marriage of warhammer and gaming. There's been some dross released under the Warhammer name lately, but can't imagine CA dropping the ball on it - as long as they don't write a new engine for it (just use RTW2 with a re skin).

That said, I'd have quite liked it to be 40k rather than Fantasy. THough the TW games are better with a melee focus.

Creative Assembly are doing it, they have quite a few teams. One for Alien Isolation, one for rome 2 and attilla and so on. We were told about this in 2012 that CA bought the license but we didn't know it would be a total war game...until now.
I remember hoping it would be a TW game. It would have been slightly absurd for them to do anything else, I guess :)

Soldato
OP
This should be the perfect marriage of warhammer and gaming. There's been some dross released under the Warhammer name lately, but can't imagine CA dropping the ball on it - as long as they don't write a new engine for it (just use RTW2 with a re skin).

I remember hoping it would be a TW game. It would have been slightly absurd for them to do anything else, I guess :)

Rome 2 engine I don't think that would be very popular:p dare you to post that on the twcenter forum:D

Soldato
OP
I personally never had any performance issues since the game released. But its just a bit average the warscape engine. Ai, unit blobbing and the diplomacy need work. I still have sunk a lot of hours. Infact I think the dlc campaigns are allot better than the actual grand campaign. Its like the engine/game doesn't know how to cope on a huge map.

Soldato
OP
I enjoy rome 2 infact ill be on it again today. Its just that Total war games need patches and mods to make them great. Which aint bad thing as I love the series, and have preordered attilla even though I know its gonna be another rome 2.

Associate
In theory a perfect match of game styles, wonder how/if the stats and rules of tabletop Warhammer will be represented in the game, could be brilliant :)

Or if not for whatever reasons, allow the community to mod! Been waiting for this game since the first TW came out

Associate
Please don't screw it up...

Associate
Oh merciful god, please let this be good.

Been waiting for this to become a reality since 'Warhammer: Dark Omen'. Played that game to death back in the day and if they can update the feel, on a larger scale of course, it would be brilliant.
I think the fantasy setting will suit it a lot more than the 40k universe too, could you imagine trying to implement units such as titans on a respectable scale...would be brilliant to witness though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom