Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

Soldato
I've been waiting for this and Hearts of Iron 4 for a long time. I'm going to pre-order it as soon as it is available and I'm sure it will suck many hours of gameplay out of my time. Very excited.

Associate
So I've never really played a Paradox game before other than the tutorial for EU4. I found it a bit difficult even coming from Civ5 and Endless Space. Do you guys think the Stellaris will be more noob friendly?

Soldato
So I've never really played a Paradox game before other than the tutorial for EU4. I found it a bit difficult even coming from Civ5 and Endless Space. Do you guys think the Stellaris will be more noob friendly?

Most Paradox games are quite complex when you first start them but Paradox have been improving how they do tutorials quite a lot recently. So if you sit down for a couple of hours and run through the full tutorial you should be fine. I'd guess this would be a bit easier to learn than some of their older games such as Hearts of Iron 3 which took a long time to learn properly.

Associate

In my opinion, if you are familiar with any of the main space 4X games eg, GalCiv, MOO, Endless Space etc, then you shouldn't have any problems. Have you had a look at the videos posted in this thread ? They give a good insight into what the game is like, and it doesn't seem radically different to those other 4X games I mentioned.

By the way, I agree that stepping up to EU4 from Civ5 is a steep learning curve : there are a lot of abstract mechanics that take quite a while to grasp and become proficient in.

In Stellaris I think the hardest part will be micromanaging a vast empire across a huge galaxy ( this game can generate larger galaxy systems, and pit you against more AI opponents than what we have seen in other games ) and learning the optimal research path ....

Soldato
I think starting very small with one planet in this game will help, along with the ingame tutorial guide that helps you. Also you can check out their wiki guide ingame apparently.

Associate
I only really got to grips with the previous Paradox games by watching youtube videos on them. I've sank hundreds of hours into the previous games and I still don't consider myself an expert in any of them. I expect Stellaris will be the same :D

Associate
I only really got to grips with the previous Paradox games by watching youtube videos on them. I've sank hundreds of hours into the previous games and I still don't consider myself an expert in any of them. I expect Stellaris will be the same :D

I guess I'll wait for someone to make a proper tutorial video. I can't cope with the dry tutorial text for the life of me.

Back
Top Bottom