Corsair Hydro h110i GT in Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra?

Soldato
A friend of mine has bought the above 2 parts(along with some other insanely overkill items), and wants me to help out with assembling them.
My initial thought is that H110i would not fit in the Cosmos II Ultra case.
Has anyone done this with out modifying the case?

Associate
That video is for an H100 cooler, OP posted an H110i cooler which is a 280 spec rad as oppose to H100's 240 spec. I'd suggest that you double check the Case' top and see if it supports 280 spec rad just to be sure.

Associate
Corasir coolers are strange, the holes done line up properly to non corsair cases, be careful (coming from experience with an H100, i now have fans ontop of my case :p

That only time that happens is when the case does not support 15mm fan spacing for rad support. In this case, the Cosmos II supports that spacing so it shouldn't be a problem.

Soldato
OP
Well bit of an update!

Went to my friends place today after he received the H100i he ordered couple of days ago.
Since the package of H110i was already opened I thought I would give it a try, and I could fit it! Screws aligned perfectly.
Inlet and the Outlet of the RAD is to the rear of the case and fans had to be mounted on the roof in pull setup but once the top cover is on(and it sits all ok) non the wiser and temp difference would be negligible with regards to push vs pull as with other RADs I have tried myself.
So it can be done without a mod! :)

Appreciate all the help guys.

FAO: Greybeard
I was surprised(in a good way) when you replied to the thread.

Associate
Nice! now I know for sure that the H110i fits the Cosmos II with out modification. I was a bit skeptical at first because we've never done that combo ourselves, so I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for your input, that's really reassuring.

And no problem at all :)

Associate
That's a relief

I am doing my research before ordering components (LOL) and finding it surprisingly hard to integrate the components that I'd like to use. I've decided on the Cosmos II as I understand it to be the biggest and best, although an Obsidian 900D would be even better if it was a bit more solid and of better build quality. The CM flagship Cosmos II isn't big enough to house the CM flagship water cooler (Nepton 280L), so I was interested to know if the H110i-GT would fit. Not sure how others ended up forced to wear their fans on the outside, but glad to know that doesn't appear necessary. From the sound of things the H110i-GT installs exactly as per the Cosmos II manual with no case mods needed - that is right, isn't it? Using the (CM) supplied radiator brackets? My theory is that I'll also be able to retain the supplied top fan, mounting it in the top-rear position.
Very grateful for this post as without it I don't think I would have had the confidence to proceed.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
900D is bigger than Cosmos II Ultra, but I wouldnt get either if I am doing a AIO watercooling or custom for that matter :)
H110i would fit but the fans would have to go on top of the grill(as the mobo was an E-ATX and not enough space) and would work ok with the top cover closed. I had to remove the stock top fan though.

Associate
Oh really? What would you go for, then? I'm looking at ASUS Z170-Deluxe, Skylake i7-6700K and EVGA TITAN X Hybrid. I understand the H110i-GT must be fitted with the radiator on the bottom with the fans above, but understood the fans are still inside the case not outside. But perhaps I've got that wrong. It's my first self build, so not an expert by any means.

Soldato
OP
Fans would still be inside the case when you close the top lid. Radiator fits from underside of the top metal fan.grill. Fans go on the top of the metal grill and then the plastic cover can be closed and fans would not be seen from out side.
I have a TJ07 but recent work on a phanteks enthoo case got me hooked. Much easier to work with and so many options.

Associate
OK, thanks. I think I'm happy with the H110i-GT mounting option but I will take a look at the cases that you have mentioned to see if I'm missing a trick. I have the old Cosmos case and have found it to be nicely built and very sturdy LOL. But for such a big case it is not that easy to work with, I agree. Thanks again for your help.

Associate
I recently purchased the cosmos 2 and the h110i gt after reading this thread only to find that this cooler will NOT fit this case without modding either case or spacing the rad away from the top panel in order to avoid the rear handle screws that protrude inside.

Avathar 77 if you have definitely fitted this cooler to a friends cosmos 2 case without any modification could you please provide photos to show how.

Soldato
OP
Hi
Sorry to hear that. But i definitely fitted this as said in the thread but to a Cosmos II ultra.
Is yours Cosmos 2 or the Ultra variant?
I couldn't get any pics but no mods were needed.

Back
Top Bottom