Redesigning loop

Associate
Hi,

I've decided to make some changes to my pc, I wasn't quite happy with the aesthetics of it. I took the shelf out of my 800D, I've also made the window square and tinted.

After taking the shelf out, I threw it back together as I needed to use it, which is why the tubing looks a bit mad, see pic:
http://www.colin-java.co.uk/pics/pc/p1000.jpg

Some details:
At top is RX480
On left is alphacool UT45
CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz, GPU: GTX580
Pump: D5 with EK top
Bitspower reservoir

One of my ideas:
Put the pump in the bottom of the case, at the front, and feed it from the reservoir with a tube. The pump can be wrapped in foam to help with vibration,
Then in the big gap at the bottom, I can fit a 240 rad:
Considering both of these:
http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Black-Ice-SR2-Xtreme-240-MP-Multi-Port-Radiator-Black-Carbon_54477.html
OR
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm Radiator

I would want to go with a low fpi so I can keep running fans quietly.

So I'm not sure how to tube it up so I get good flow, I'm considering taking out the back radiator, but I might possibly leave it in.
I want to get a flow meter as well, I have 2 fan controllers that should output the flow.
So basically, I want it to look clean, not with too long tubes connected up randomly. I have a long tube in the pic that is the outlet from the pump, and it looks a mess.

The other thing, with a 240 rad at the bottom, with ports more or less below where the reservoir is now, I'm going to have to have some sort of long tube from that 240 rad going somewhere.
If I had a cross-flow radiator, I guess I could enter the underside of the gpu, but the ones I've seen by XSPC have all been quite thin radiators, I would prefer something 45 or 60mm thick.

I considered putting the pump on top of the PSU as well, but then its awkward for it to feed the bottom radiator (whenever I get it).

Feel free to offer any thoughts or crazy ideas I can use. Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Pump underneath the res fed by a tube, pump feeding the GPU from underneath, then GPU to 120 rad as it is and then could the 120 go to the 240 with angled fittings?

If so then 120 - 240 - CPU - Res.

Could that work? If the 120 cannot feed into the 240 let me know...

Associate
I think a pump+res combo could save you some headache going forward.

If they have the pump directly under the res being fed by some tubing then it would serve exactly the same purpose, I'm not sure getting a combo would help at all...

In fact having it not directly attached to the pump could reduce vibration noise a fair bit.

Back
Top Bottom