***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
OP
Nice setup :)

where did you get that desktop wallpaper mate?

Cheers. Moving house in Q2 next year, will have a huge double bedroom to myself. Going to completely kit that out. Good thing is i'm putting up the timber framing and plaster boards so might sound proof the room also!

Do you me the video wall paper? Its Dayz live screen saver. Cant remember when I got it tbh!

Permabanned
MBS is not showing up in my list anymore? Very glad that verify sigs is on now!

Just joined an NL server ran into someone in balota barracks, put about 5 rounds into him and he passed out but managed to spray me whilst he was passed out, well aimed headshot killed him and I have drunk 3 bottles of water and eaten a pack of rice a pack of cerial and pack of powdered milk, 3 tabs of antibiotics etc, it still says "SICK" in yellow and can't get it to go on "healing".

No blood loss it seems though?

Soldato
MBS is not showing up in my list anymore? Very glad that verify sigs is on now!

Just joined an NL server ran into someone in balota barracks, put about 5 rounds into him and he passed out but managed to spray me whilst he was passed out, well aimed headshot killed him and I have drunk 3 bottles of water and eaten a pack of rice a pack of cerial and pack of powdered milk, 3 tabs of antibiotics etc, it still says "SICK" in yellow and can't get it to go on "healing".

No blood loss it seems though?

For some reason, even though I add the server to favourites, it keeps getting replaced every so often with a different server. If I re add it, its fine for a bit but then the same thing happens. It got me killed the other day as I zone into a server where it was full with a lot of SW airfield campers :(

Soldato
1st person only would be fine when:

-total block of multidisplay systems;
-total block of all 3rd party communication software like TS, Skype, Steam etc;
-total block of using a online or offline map of the game;
-total bock of using lower settings in order to better navigate the world;
-total block of any fps above or under 60 (or 120, hehe)fps;
-actually making the game run at a decent FPS, with decent FOV and movements so you don't feel nautious and earn some "free" headaches or eye strain. :)

Until then happy gaming, happy holidays and shoot first! Better safe than sorry! :D

Soldato
Just had a quick go on the ocuk server, managed to get some decent kit, only to suddenly be set upon by two thugs with their fists at the ready.

What ensued was the funniest foot Chase I've ever seen lol.

Associate
I think i've got rather complacent on 3rd if im honest. Then again the only things i was against 1st only for was driving tanks and trying to airlift stuff in choppers. Hopefullly neither of those things will ever be applicable in dayz so I guess I'm not too bothered about going 1st only. I bet its going to be a bit of a shock to the system though :D

http://specialgamers.com/dayz/Dramatic_5b6746_2143995.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

For the love of bacon please remove that! Its really freaking me out!

Soldato
For some reason, even though I add the server to favourites, it keeps getting replaced every so often with a different server. If I re add it, its fine for a bit but then the same thing happens. It got me killed the other day as I zone into a server where it was full with a lot of SW airfield campers :(

Submitted a support ticket to get this rectified.. Happened to myself before as well..

If it continues, then I will not be renewing my server, will go with another provider!

Last edited:
Associate
I've been gifted this game today (thanks MrCrush) but I've no room on my hard drive, so that begs the question…when I get a new HD can I have the game installed on it without having to reinstall Steam onto it also? Or do all Steam purchased games have to install to the same drive as Steam itself?

Soldato
Verify Sigs is now on for the MBS Server, will stop those pesky kids who delete their Tree / Rocks pbo files...

Awesome, I was having a drunken conversation with the guy who sets the server up last night after submitting a ticket about the verifySig issues and what not. Glad to see he works fast!

Has anyone tried joining yet to make sure it's working correctly? I'm now going to give it a go, ban incoming :p

Caporegime
With no pbo files for tree/rocks does that mean that not a single tree is shown? You could be running in a forest but actually it's as if you are in a field?

Soldato
With no pbo files for tree/rocks does that mean that not a single tree is shown? You could be running in a forest but actually it's as if you are in a field?

Correct, hopefully the OCUK server will stop this now. Test time...

Edit - Nope, you can still join without the files. Horrendous.

Going to put a ticket in Marker and get them to just try and set the line to verifySignatures = 2; as currently it's just on verifySignatures = $$sv_pure$$;

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom