iPhone 7 ** Rumours & Discussion **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
this isn't even confirmed and is just another unfounded rumour. They have kept the headphone port in the macbook, doubt it will go from iPhone

Associate
I'd prefer a thicker phone with a bigger battery.

I guess headphone tech is moving towards wireless.. But is there a portable wireless headphone which performs better than a wired one at comparable cost. I think we are still a few years away from that.

Soldato
Unless it came with a free adaptor to use normal headphones i would never buy another Apple product, Apples headphones are dire. I already find the new iphones/ipod uncomfortable to hold cos of the thinnes, im all for making them lighter but theyre thin enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
Providing the phone comes with an adapter, it's all good.

hehehehehehehe
/rubs hands gleefully

of course it will not
their usb c or 3 or whatever devices need you to buy an expensive adapter if you want to charge and use them for stuff at the same time, the phone will be no different, the 'apple jack' will sell for a reasonable $49 ;()

Soldato
hehehehehehehe
/rubs hands gleefully

of course it will not
their usb c or 3 or whatever devices need you to buy an expensive adapter if you want to charge and use them for stuff at the same time, the phone will be no different, the 'apple jack' will sell for a reasonable $49 ;()

Don't forget, it'll be the most amazing 'Apple Jack' anyone has ever seen, so it must be worth it right?

Permabanned
Isn't the part about the macbook a bit irrelevant? Removing a headphone jack from the macbook wouldn't allow them to make it any thinner..?

yes it would, as the headphone jack is about the thickness of the macbook retina anyway, the usb-c is much smaller, they didn't leave it out though.

This is all just some clickbait rumour, the only people that truly know are the high level apple designers and execs

Soldato
Not a fan of this race to have the thinnest phone. Give me a fat phone with more battery life!

Yeah. More structural stability too. And doesn't feel like it's going to fly away or slide out of my hand. My iphone 6plus is very borderline feeling like this already.

Many will say buy a case but i don't see why i should the phone should feel good as it is.

Soldato
Ugh, had heard this mentioned before. So if true I'll likely need an adapter just to continue using my headphones, this better be included in the box and not rare as hen's teeth like the camera connection kit or apple pencil were on release :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I see no benefit in removing it... 1mm thinner? Who cares? same size with more battery life... I might be tempted, however with my current headphones (Bose QC20i) I already have a little block attached to the bottom of my headphones, so having a connector as well would be very annoying.

Genuinely cannot see the benefit to removing it...

Associate
awesome idea.

thinner phone means options. if you want a bulkier phone with more battery, buy a clip on power bank. if not, you can have a slim light phone.

apple seem to be the only people who want to change adaptors. these are things that were created over a decade ago when tech was not able to create better.

i'm excited to see what apple come up with.

more and more headphones come with replaceable cables now-a-days so no doubt you'll be able to get hold a cable with the new apple connector.

it's amazing to see how afraid of advancement people really are.

also,

want a thicker phone with bigger battery and an old school 3mm port? buy a 6s+.

I'm not afraid of it per se, just don't think this is where they should be directing this iterations squirt of innovation. Another device to charge, another thing to go awry (lets face it, BT on Apple devices isn't exactly painless), another adapter to source and another slew of accessories rendered obsolete overnight. For a company that purports to be as environmentally conscious as Apple, it seems a bit short sighted to me. As mentioned above, the port isn't governing thickness of the device. It is however a nice gateway to a stack of cash generated from adapters and Beats headphones sales.

That's likely what I'll do when the time comes aye. I'm giving some serious thought to jumping across to another phone after that if this does come to pass, not solely that reason but it would probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Soldato
awesome idea.

thinner phone means options. if you want a bulkier phone with more battery, buy a clip on power bank. if not, you can have a slim light phone.

apple seem to be the only people who want to change adaptors. these are things that were created over a decade ago when tech was not able to create better.

i'm excited to see what apple come up with.

more and more headphones come with replaceable cables now-a-days so no doubt you'll be able to get hold a cable with the new apple connector.

also,

Yes a 1-2mm thinner phone creates so many new options. :rolleyes:

The only reason Apple would do this is to create more revenue from selling proprietary connectors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom