US: Grimm

Soldato
Really quite surprised there's not a thread about this show yet... or did I somehow miss it?

7.8 on IMDb is probably about right. Not close to the big shows, but steady, good story, good characters, reasonable script etc

Anyone else watching?

R3X

R3X

Soldato
There is a thread somewhere :)

Nice little show under the radar that's all, its a bit like Lost Girl or supernatural popular with loyal fans but again not prime time viewing so it slips by.

Soldato
I really enjoy Grimm, manages to mostly avoid the usual traps that shows like this fall into. Great cast too.

If you like Grimm, Sleepy Hollow is also worth checking out too.

PayDay Lover
Associate
I've been watching from the start, if honest I am not sure why I still watch. It's an ok show, but as far as the 'Grimm' goes, he is pretty **** and I have been waiting for him to finally get bad ass but never really seems to. I find it rather frustrating. Seems to me that Grimm is a real poo version of a Vampire Slayer...I would be more inspired by Buffy.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I guess with Grimm its one of those shows you can switch off and just have running in the background, I probably only watch it just to see the persons face turn furry and tribble like.

Associate
This was one of the shows that fell to the wayside when my second daughter was born and had much less time for tv/movies, etc. That said, I did enjoy it up until then but I'm too far back to catch up.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Still watch the show, its a nice little back burner show but its not exactly awesome people I guess do wish to see grimm go dark and violent but I take due to timing and rating they can't quite get there.

I put it almost in the same vain as i-zombie almost, obviously better shows about.

Soldato
I've been watching this from the start. It has got got a lot better with time (first season's 'special' effects and scripts were hilarious). It's a rather underrated show but I would miss it if stopped, I've grown quite attached to the characters.

Current season has been one of the better ones because the main story has dominated, rather than the weekly case solving which gets repetitive (the perp was a Wesen, who would have guessed!).

My main issue with it is suspending disbelief given all the carnage that goes on weekly. Portland Oregon must be about as safe a place to live as Midsomer, England.

PayDay Lover
Associate
I've been watching this from the start. It has got got a lot better with time (first season's 'special' effects and scripts were hilarious). It's a rather underrated show but I would miss it if stopped, I've grown quite attached to the characters.

Funnily enough I was just telling my wife how overrated this show must be. I cannot believe it has had 5 seasons and is still going - a real crime when far better shows have been cancelled. I have stubbornly kept watching in the hopes the Grimm actually gets decent, but he continues to be a tedious bore and an underwhelming Grimm. I think the show would be more entertaining if Trouble and the foreign guy were the main characters.

Soldato
OP
Most of the cast were at Dragon Con this weekend, so I went to a couple of their panels and I have to say they were very entertaining. Nick, Woo and the Police Chief had some great banter. Trouble and Eve were also there and they clearly get on well together and really enjoy filming together.

I think it's given me a more positive view on the show.

Some interesting stories too. Juliet burnt the trailer down purely because the crew couldn't stand filming in it any more, so hot and sweaty. I think I assumed it was a set, but apparently not.

Nick and Juliet are engaged in real life too. Woo originally read to be Hank (or was it police chief) didn't get it, but they loved him, so they made the role of Woo for him. Sasha (police chief) originally read to be Munro.

Actually really interesting.

This is about to air its final season now isn't it (Season 6 - Oct 28th)

I have enjoyed the vast majority of it and feel overall it has held up well throughout the seasons. It has offered something a bit different (same with Sleepy Hollow) and hopefully we will see something similar come out and fill the gap :)

Back
Top Bottom