******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Had a go of PTU 2.0 offline just. You can hack it to play singleplayer if you don;t have access to the official PTU. It's plentiful in bugs as you really are botching it to get it run.

That said i can see huge potential with this and look forward to joining up with some PAGAN.

Still dont know what ships i want, melted the connie and now have a talli and vangaurd.

Soldato
I'd watched that on there dev update, Best footage I've seen to date. :cool:
You just couldn't have scripted that to happen :D

Now am getting hyped a bit seeing the vids from the PTU. Be awesome seeing halfmad stranded and flying past waving :p

Soldato
Crashes are never good, it's just better to fix them in the PTU, but it's the most unstable PTU I've ever tested.

If you have PTU access you can fly your Constellation, but your time in it will be brief with the instability.

I've got a couple of bugs assigned to me that are race condition that only occurs when the server is stressed and game ticks start slowing down. I Can't reproduce it on my local instance. This is why you do public alpha tests, to enable people to fix stuff....more people = more crashes = more stack traces = quicker fixes :)

Fired up the client, finally have a working driver stack so I can see my connie for the first time! I'll have a bash at this offline PTU later.

Soldato
The game is still in development, but there are certain playable parts to it. The best playable part is not available to all right now but will be some time over the next few weeks, it allows you to start on a space station, load/order your ship, and fly to various other stations, it's still less than 10% of the final game though.

You can buy into it at any time.

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
they have been releasing them at 5pm every night for the last week, I got one for my son last night absolutely no problems... the sale was supposed to end tomorrow, but due to the payment problems they said they were extending it to Tuesday, so Monday 5pm might be one last chance to pick up a $30 pack

Associate
Loved Freelancer, Eve... I've been looking at this for years, wondering if now is a good time to take the plunge? Or considering I've waited so long, should I just wait till full release???

Back
Top Bottom