Poll: Alton Towers or Thorpe Park

Alton Towers or Thorpe Park?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I remember when Thorpe lark was themed at children - the new thrill ride was the depth charge and there used to be a little train that took you to thorpe farm to pet the pigs :D

Soldato
It's always been Alton Towers for me however recetly Thorpe Park has invested in some top rides so I think the difference now is minimal, so go to whichever is closest.

Caporegime
I'm never going to Alton Towers in the school holidays again! Unbelievably busy. Love the rides though.

PS - I would also like to put forward a 'lol' for the cheap day out thing.

Why? 2 for 1 tickets are abound and other than fuel to get there (shared) it will cost you all of around £15 for a day if you take your own lunch. Cheap IMO.

If however you pay full price and get fast passes for everything, drive from the other end of the country and buy loads of photos and take no food/drink with you then it will be extortionate, but then that's you're fault. :p

Caporegime
Yes.

A: someone takes a backpack with food and raincoats etc...
B: Since when did you get nasty warm sandwiches?

Either way it's a damn site cheaper and I don't have to worry about cost. :p

Soldato
No 'theme parks are ****' choice :(

Miserable *old* git :p

Why? 2 for 1 tickets are abound and other than fuel to get there (shared) it will cost you all of around £15 for a day if you take your own lunch. Cheap IMO.

If however you pay full price and get fast passes for everything, drive from the other end of the country and buy loads of photos and take no food/drink with you then it will be extortionate, but then that's you're fault. :p

Sitting in a queue surrounded by stupid little children is not my idea of a fun day out, regardless of how cheap it is.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Again, having to carry around a rucksack all day. No thanks.

Have you never found that sandwiches get warm when you're at a theme park? :confused:

Either do it properly and have chips, burger, huge ice cream, candy floss, etc. or don't do it at all! Even with those bonuses theme parks suck.

Soldato
The key important point for going to a theme park is that you buy all the crap that you weren't allowed as kids! That means pointless medallions for riding stealth and enough sweets to make you feel sick for a week.

As for food at the parks, When we went last time I wear you could get a Pizza Hut all you can eat thing with a drink for a tenner each but I could be wrong. That's not bad.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Thorpe Park has some great rides, went just before the kids got off from school and it wasn't all that busy. Still got fast-track for all the major rides as no-one wanted to queue for an hour. I wouldn't want to go now though with the kids of school it will probably be packed. Thorpe Park has mainly big, fast thrill-seeking rides all concentrated into a small area.

As for food at the parks, When we went last time I wear you could get a Pizza Hut all you can eat thing with a drink for a tenner each but I could be wrong. That's not bad.

Yeah they still have that. However you can't go all out as you still have rides to go on after and you don't want the contents of your meal all over the person sitting in front :p

Soldato
Yeah they still have that. However you can't go all out as you still have rides to go on after and you don't want the contents of your meal all over the person sitting in front :p

Speak for yourself, I make a point of trying make any company rue the day they offered me all I can eat :p I know I'll never manage it but I try.

Also, since we tend to go when the kids are at school the park is quieter meaning we can eat a bit later once we have done everything else. Then its just the uncomfortable moans of food babies on the drive home :D

Caporegime
Miserable *old* git :p

Sitting in a queue surrounded by stupid little children is not my idea of a fun day out, regardless of how cheap it is.

Yeah well, do it right and you don't have that problem... The last couple of times I've been there haven't been queues longer than about 20 minutes and very few screaming kids.;)

Again, having to carry around a rucksack all day. No thanks.

Have you never found that sandwiches get warm when you're at a theme park? :confused:

Either do it properly and have chips, burger, huge ice cream, candy floss, etc. or don't do it at all! Even with those bonuses theme parks suck.

One rucksack between a few of you... Where do you put a jacket/fleece etc just in case it gets cold? Alternatively just dump it in a girls handbag. Never had to worry about warm sandwiches TBH, maybe it's the bags we use:confused:. Either way it's cheaper and you don't need to queue up for food, and you can sit somewhere nice and quiet for your food.:p Or still buy a few snacks anyway if you want..

Back
Top Bottom