Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Although its still April, many teams have already started looking at potential players they can buy/sell to strengthen their team. Apart from that, there are quite a few good players whose contracts will end this summer. You can also post manager rumors.

To start off, Juventus confirmed (was some time ago) that they will be signing Llorente on a free transfer from Athletico Bilbao.
http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/24_gen2013_llorente

Roma are ready to satisfy St. Etienne's €13-€15M request to buy Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, beating Fiorentina and Arsenal, amongst others.

This means that probably Osvaldo will be sold this summer, with many teams including Juventus, napoli, Fiorentina, Tottenham and Anzhi all interested in him. The fee is around 15M.

Manchester United reportedly ready to sell Nani to help fund the acquisition of James Rodriguez from Porto.

Soldato
Apparently everyone in the league is after Aubameyang, going to be interesting to see if anyone will actually buy him this time round.

Thibaut Courtois is apparently going to be going out on loan to a premier league club next year, Fulham, Wigan or Southampton are key contenders (if we don't resign Boric) and so long as he's not used as a make weight for Falcao...

Soldato
Newcastle will probably sell 2-3 of our best players and buy a few (relatively) unknowns as usual :p

Hopefully (if we even stay up) we will be wise enough to invest in the summer and not leave until halfway through the season when we are short manned and bummed!

Caporegime
Pretty sure Sagna will be leaving Arsenal this summer, PSG are said to be interested in him. If true then it means that Jenks will probably be our starter at RB, which isnt a bad thing as hes pretty decent compared to Sagna, who is well past his sell by date now:p

Soldato
Pretty sure Sagna will be leaving Arsenal this summer, PSG are said to be interested in him. If true then it means that Jenks will probably be our starter at RB, which isnt a bad thing as hes pretty decent compared to Sagna, who is well past his sell by date now:p

You just know he will go to PSG and turn amazing.

Caporegime
You just know he will go to PSG and turn amazing.

Well if he does then good for him and PSG, hes been one of our best RB's in the past and i dont wish him ill unlike a few of our other players ie Nasri and RVP.

But hes getting on a bit and a few injuries have affected his ability so its time we sold him on for whatever we can get. And get Jenks starting regularly but also buy a backup RB who can challenge Jenks to keep his starting place.

LB i think we are sorted, got Monreal who has been pretty damn good and hasnt broken down like sicknote Gibbs.

Just need a few more additions to the squad defensively and in the midfield.

Soldato
Replacements for Pardew, Ba and Colo would all be wonderful, as well as none of the 'first team' leaving.

Let's throw Gosling, Simpson, Williamson and Obertan up on frees too - No one will be willing to pay actual money.

Soldato
Vertonghen to Barca or Real. Maybe both. He's that good.

In all seriousness Arsenal losing Sagna would not be a bad thing at all, he's a senior player so I imagine his wages are quite chunky but he's absolutely garbage these days, Jenkinson is better already and obviously younger. If he goes and you get a squad player there as back up then it will be fine.

Caporegime
My wishlist -

Out:

Diaby
Denilson
Squillaci
Djourou
Sagna
Diaby
Bendtner
Chamakh
Park
Diaby
Mannone
Fabianksi

In:

An actual defensive midfielder (or just play Coquelin)
A new right back (can't only have Jenks)
A new striker
A new (actual) left wing

Caporegime
^^^Hmmm id like to see most of those players gone too although i think we should hang onto Fabianski...hes been pretty decent since hes been back in the squad. At least if anything he is giving Chessers some food for thought...havent seen Chessers start a game recently.

Diaby i cant see going, Wenger has a huge hardon for that walking talking injury note of a player. God knows how long his contract is and why Wenger keeps him in the squad :/

Caporegime
Diaby won't be leaving, I'm sure he only signed a new contract last year, I agree that Sir Chesney needs competition and he needs to improve quite a lot both technically and mentally but if your only competition is Fabianski and Mannone you won't improve much. We need to sign a veteran keeper who is actually decent, then he can coach Szczesny instead of him only having to compete against garbage to guarantee a starting spot in the side.

I forgot about Arshavin being out of contract in the summer and I'm not sure what will happen with Denilson. Apparently the Brazilians don't want him now so erm, yeah.

Last edited:
Caporegime
One thing is for sure, we have a lot of crap in our squad and the sooner they are moved on ie sold or contracts terminated the better. Otherwise another season of these crap players in our squad wont make us title contenders anytime soon.

But yeh perhaps a vetern goalkeeper in the squad would give Chessers a kick up the backside. Maybe Wenger should get Seaman as our goalkeeping coach, at the moment we have Gerry Peyton who coaches our goalkeepers...never heard of the guy. i know before him we had Bob Wilson as our goalkeeper coach but hes retired now.

Soldato
For about 4 years ive been wanting Man Utd to sign a new central midfielder and with each summer i become more sure that *this* time it has to happen yet it never does! On this basis who knows what will happen?

A replacement for Nani who can actually play for the team would be nice. Valencia has a lot of improving to do to return to the form of last season.

If Spurs dont make top 4 there are a lot of arguments for testing the water with Bale.

fez

fez

Caporegime
For about 4 years ive been wanting Man Utd to sign a new central midfielder and with each summer i become more sure that *this* time it has to happen yet it never does! On this basis who knows what will happen?

A replacement for Nani who can actually play for the team would be nice. Valencia has a lot of improving to do to return to the form of last season.

If Spurs dont make top 4 there are a lot of arguments for testing the water with Bale.

The main one being to hear the reaction of all the Spurs fans on here!

Nani will be sold, we need to get rid of Valencia, perhaps Young, Scholes should retire along with Giggs (pretty sure giggs has been offered a new contract though), Anderson has had his chance and doesn't suit the EPL style or pace and only performs against weak opposition.

I would love us to get 3 new midfields, 2 at a minimum. Goetze and Bale would be lovely replacements. I just feel that we have a bunch of players that are not really fitted to any style. You have a few pass and move players, a few pace players, a few skilful ones and a few shockers but I have no idea what our style of play is meant to be.

I do fear another EPL title will stop Fergie buying much in the summer.

Soldato
Couldn't this thread have waited a little longer :(?

I hate to read everyone playing Football Manager for ages and moaning for the months on end, could have at least waited, now everyone will start the 'Fergie buy [insert exotic CM that they've seen play 3 times] here' chants that just brings everyone down :(.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Couldn't this thread have waited a little longer :(?

I hate to read everyone playing Football Manager for ages and moaning for the months on end, could have at least waited, now everyone will start the 'Fergie buy [insert exotic CM that they've seen play 3 times] here' chants that just brings everyone down :(.

Thats exactly what happens during the transfer window. Newspapers speculate based on nothing, people speculate based on nothing. If you don't want to talk about it, why are you in the thread about it. Its honestly worse when the window is open because we have a pseudo excuse to speculate whenever a newspaper claims our team is going to sign someone.

Soldato
Thats exactly what happens during the transfer window. Newspapers speculate based on nothing, people speculate based on nothing. If you don't want to talk about it, why are you in the thread about it. Its honestly worse when the window is open because we have a pseudo excuse to speculate whenever a newspaper claims our team is going to sign someone.

I'd talk about it with level headed rational objective supporters, unfortunately they are very few and far between on this forums.

My post was a tongue-in-cheek comment of the thread being quite so early, the season isn't even finished yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom