how can i kill my P67 mob?

Associate
2 days ago , when I was playing BF3 The screen froze , SO i restarted the computer and get no output on screen.
So that's how i did.
1/ open the case, use my hair drier to clean the dust.
didnt work.
2/ plug out 3 of my 4 memories.
work
3/plug back in 2and 3 memory sticks .
work.
4/plug back all memories .
didnt work .=========> memory problem.
5/ use my hair drier again .to clean the dust, especaily slots
this time the big failure comes.
Didnt work. and this time when i tried to plug out memory sticks still not working :eek:
The mother board seems like dead ...no more flash red digits ....CMOS works ..
So my computer is dead , CPU,FANS, EVEN my SSD are working , but get no display output.--------------------------------
So again send my computer to repair shop. The diagnose turns out I have killed my mob somehow ......P67 Asrock Fatal1ty which just passes its 1 year warranty for 4 days ....wth!
Pls tell me what part of above was wrong ? and what kind of mob should i replace with ?
CPU I5 2500K
MEMORY 4*2G
GFX Nvidia GTX580
MOB Astrock Fatal1ty P67 ( i didn't have the B3 issue)

Caporegime
I thought products sold in the EU had to carry a minimum 2 year warranty.

Also if you exchanged a B2 board for a B3 board by 30 June 2011 you have a years extra warranty: Warranty

Soldato
Warranty doesn't matter a stuff. Any product sold in the UK needs to last a reasonable length of time, if it doesn't go back to the retailer and tell them to get it sorted. Tell them you're not interested in any warranty and a warranty does not replace your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act, tell them you're not interested in going back to the manufacturer, they are the retailer. Then you'll need to go to Consumer Direct when they refuse, then the arguments start and eventually you get your problem fixed.

However if you broke it with a hairdrier (I don't know if that's likely) then you have no right to complain.

Soldato
A. Was the 2500k overclocked ?
B. Did you use the reset button to restart PC ?

A+B=your answer.

Try unplugging power cable and 24 pin power cable, remove battery for about 4 hrs then plug everything back in cross your fingers and arms and turn PC................on

and only an idiot would use a hair dryer, no offense. ;)

Associate
i have to do something. ( how do u guys clean ur desktop) ?

A Can of compressed air always works brilliant on my system, although I need
some more for my next cleaning session. Compressed air and the hoover ready
to catch the dust ploom that comes out of the case F.Y.I not putting the
hoover in the case lol.

Soldato
A Can of compressed air always works brilliant on my system,
+1

I use one these
KGrHqFl0E2DwPvBNnZhlRdkQ_12.jpg

Associate
i used a can of airspray to clean my H50 watercooled radiator. I forgot about a tea light in the kitchen - used to burn of a full english breakfast cooked that morning.
The result? Flames erupted to the ceiling, my beloved 600t in flames.. I picked it up and was about to throw it in the garden, but the flames quickly died down once i got to the front room. You know, the temps on my CPU and GPU were the best ive seen after that!

Soldato
My Dad works on fire alarms and stuff so he always has plenty of cans of compressed air they use to clean out the detectors :D I wouldn't want to take my PC outside to the garage to use the compressor on it, it never gets that bad anyway :)

Associate
Depending on how close the hairdryer got to the motherboard, how hot the hairdryer got, and how cheap the solder used for connections was, you could have melted some connections, killing the motherboard. I know this can happen because I did this to my brothers old laptop once, realised I had killed it, and stuck it on ebay as parts.

Soldato
so the hairdryer was a bad idea even I kept the wave chill. It's not hot air so i assumed that it will be OK.
BTW ,seems like new Z77 mob is on the market. I should be able to replace my mob with this series, right ?
Thank you

I doubt anyone is stupid to put the hair dryer on to hot air to clean out a computer.

Back
Top Bottom