Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
sack wenger?

It's a difficult contradiction with Wenger. Because he does seem to have lost the plot at the moment but at the same time:

Sack Arsenal's most successful ever manager?

And who would have done a better job, with limited funds getting Arsenal consistently over the last 16 years in to the Champion league?

I actually look forward to the day Arsene leaves, as we need a breath of fresh air, however.... It might not turn out for the better.

Maybe the problems at Arsenal are greater than we suspect and Wenger is going a EPIC job of holding us together for so long?

---

Tony Adams seems to think he can do a better job... :o

(On a side note, I once bumped in to Tony on my way to lectures at Uni. He went to Brunel to study whilst I was there. I was completely shocked when I saw him!)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Seems like Flamini is only training with us to get back to fitness and Wenger has denied that we have offered him a deal/contract. So god knows what is going on there, im not sure if Flamini is a player we need, hes getting on a bit and he hasnt really done well at AC Milan. But as a stop gap, i suppose he would do an ok job at DM but really Arsenal should have signed Gustavo..he would have been what we needed at DM plus hes young as well.

Read this morning on my way to work in one of the papers that we are lookingm at Benzema and Di Maria. As i said a few pages back, i wouldnt mind seeing Benzema play for us but for some odd reason i cant see Real letting him go as they already let Higuain leave and same with Di Maria. Di Maria for some strange reason just cannot stand him probably because he goes down far too easily, reminds me Suarez lol. Plus ive never really been that impressed with him whenever i have seen him play for Real but Benzema is pretty decent and maybe exactly what we need.

Podolski is a strange one too, i dont really understand why Wenger doesnt start him??. Unless we have some sort of strange deal with his previous club and every 20mins he plays we pay out £20k to his previous club like we are with Soton and Oxlade :/. I noticed on Wed he was sat in the dugout and he did not look happy at all, i think if we lose him then its a big blow. The guy needs more playing time but seems like Wenger doesnt want to give it to him which is Wenger being an absolute retard as usual.

Wenger DM, CB and a striker minimum please and for gods sake dont sign any no name rubbish please. Getting quite fed up of seeing useless players being signed and playing for us.

Caporegime
A nice summary (positive at least) of Arsenal current transfer activity. Including wage offer for Benzima.

Im really and i mean really hoping that this doesnt turn out to be another frigging Higuain farce...didnt realise Benzema is only 25, thought he was a bit older than that. But im just hoping we can pull this deal off because frankly im fed up of the constant links we have with various players but nothing comes of them:(.

Soldato
He got 10 goals and 18 assists in the season Nasri got 11 goals and 1 assist... the latter got sold for 20+ mil and has since won the premier league, Arshavin was like Podolski, being dropped towards the end of his 10 goal 18 assist season, and barely got any starts the next year.

At NO stage was Arshavin ever crap, he was being made a scapegoat, he was EASILY our best creative player that season, but if Gibbs/Clichy/entire defence let in a goal but Arshavin conceded posession in the final third.... who got the blame, Arshavin somehow. Arshavin was by far and away our best attacking player that season(largely because Cesc was injured or carrying his hamstring injury and rarely got to his best.

At no stage since has he had either a run of games, been treated fairly, been given any confidence, he's still had some very good games since, just very few because he's played very very little.

How was he ever a scape goat? do you not remember this debacle?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-arguing-outside-London-nightclub--VIDEO.html

Arshavin was an idiot mate..this is why he didn't play. lol

Soldato
WXUfOieY.gif

Soldato
Bale transfer been put on hold until Spurs fill the gap with at least 1 more player.

It's on the BBC

LATEST TRANSFER GOSSIP
Gareth Bale's proposed world-record move to Real Madrid has temporarily been put on hold, according to Press Association Sport.

Reports had suggested that the Tottenham forward would finalise a £93m transfer to the Spanish capital on Friday. But Press Association Sport is reporting that Spurs are unwilling to sanction Bale's move until they have signed at least one new player to fill the Welshman's position.

MW

Caporegime
How was he ever a scape goat? do you not remember this debacle?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-arguing-outside-London-nightclub--VIDEO.html

Arshavin was an idiot mate..this is why he didn't play. lol

So because he may have been drunk, that is the reason why two years earlier he was dropped.

So he was dropped during a season in which he was our second best player on the field(to RVP, Cesc when fit was better, but wasn't often fit that season), because Wenger can see two years into the future.

If a player actually beats someone up off the pitch, I care, someone gets a little bit agro against a bouncer(because they are usually ****'s) I couldn't give a crap. MOST people have a bit too much to drink now and then and get a bit aggro, even the quietest and nicest of people. That is not in any way a reason to drop him, and suggesting him doing this, once afaik was a reason to drop him two years earlier or has ANY bearing on his on pitch performance is hilariously dense.

Arshavin was not at all crap, lazy, rubbish in any possible description, he was clearly made backup/rotation during that season 3 years ago during an excellent season. It got worse the season after and even worse last season.

Soldato
So because he may have been drunk, that is the reason why two years earlier he was dropped.

So he was dropped during a season in which he was our second best player on the field(to RVP, Cesc when fit was better, but wasn't often fit that season), because Wenger can see two years into the future.

If a player actually beats someone up off the pitch, I care, someone gets a little bit agro against a bouncer(because they are usually ****'s) I couldn't give a crap. MOST people have a bit too much to drink now and then and get a bit aggro, even the quietest and nicest of people. That is not in any way a reason to drop him, and suggesting him doing this, once afaik was a reason to drop him two years earlier or has ANY bearing on his on pitch performance is hilariously dense.

Arshavin was not at all crap, lazy, rubbish in any possible description, he was clearly made backup/rotation during that season 3 years ago during an excellent season. It got worse the season after and even worse last season.

You said he'd been a scapegoat though, which is not the case. He had a cracking first season, i remember. He was capable of so much more, he never showed that though...

And...yeah, i think a 31 year one old, ****ed up, abusing bouncers is quite sad. I did that once when i was 18, there's a difference...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom