Headphones For Gym + Running

Associate
Chaps

I am in need of new headphones for the gym, im mostly doing cv work including getting very sweaty with running. I like the the sound isolation on IEM's but what is best for the gym. Max £40, i dont want to spend more if they are gonna die every few years.

My last ones were these, one side has died, i found the sound decent enough, they were great at staying in my ears, i did find the little pendant a bit of a nuisance though. http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/reviews/electronics/headphones/-sennheiser-adidas-pmx-680/60755.html

Should i just get this style again or are there better ones out there? :cool::cool:

I usually do my own research but there are so make fake reviews on the internet these days i dont trust many websites. Imdb, amazon, tripadvisor to name a few.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'd probably go with something like the Mee Audio M6 Pro (£38), which being an over ear IEM doesn't require any fancy bits for a secure fit.

Do you have these headphones and how do they behave when exercising? I have read a bit about them and read a few owners reviews and they sound ideal, not many people mention the gym or running etc but the few i found on amazon seem to find them fine for this kind of activity.

Soldato
I don't have these particular IEMs but do have several other pairs, including Fidue A73 and RHA MA750, both of which are fitted with the cable running over the ear.

Honestly, once I've put them in I just forget about them, specially the Fidues as they are much lighter than the RHAs.

Conventional IEMs or earbuds which sit in the ear with the cable hanging down are always going to come loose while exercising because the weight of the cable will pull on the ear piece with every step. However, those that use an over ear fitting won't be affected because all of the weight of the cable is taken away from the IEM by it's routing over and behind your ears.

Associate
OP
Cheers mate, i have ordered these headphones from Amazon, many thanks for your help. I had a pair of shure over ear IEM's many years ago and they were great at staying in place.

Back
Top Bottom