Project: Black Box

Associate
Hi Frank

I am aware of this and have been closely following Pipe Bending 101 on overclock.net.

I'll be using an Ridgid 223S Inner/Outer Reamer to ensure my pipes are properly prepared to prevent o-ring damage.

I've been following your log and will keep checking in to see your progress.

Ahh okay, I was just making sure since its one of the more dangerous differences to plastic pipe.

Also, it sounds like you have done more research and know more than me about this, so I'll definitely be following your log as well haha!

Associate
I will be using 12mm half-hard copper pipe. I am unsure about getting it electroplated. The copper look really appeals to me.

Have you seen this guys log..?

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showpost.php?p=15017761&postcount=769

Awesome, the only reason I'm not bending copper pipe for mine is because I want it to be an entirely silver affair.

I'd not seen that log before, but I had a look at a few copper pipe logs before starting and as a rule they always look epic :p I'm looking forward to yours!

Associate
OP
I might disappoint! In the interest of creating a super silent system, I have been looking at Neoprene tubing.

Still not sure what to do about a pump. Originally I was considering a single D5. Then looked at Aquastream XT pumps. But after watching the video in the link below I am now leaning towards dual D5s as an ultra quiet solution.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DxMVjBPLACWo&ved=0ahUKEwj4mNWrkIDPAhXGF5oKHUF1DOMQtwIIGzAA&usg=AFQjCNFWp1R7kZDUHpWbmVX69YxrqMaEgA&sig2=Azr-c-IYDzIki9dLCYcuAw

Associate
Does that much sound travel through tubing to even make that noticeable?

I've debated Aquastreams before (maybe in my next build I will use one), I'll have to watch this video later!

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Small picture update. More to come.

DSC_1430_zpstsfmy3vq.jpg

Soldato
You need to get some spinners on those wheels :)

Do you even need dual D5s? Thinking 1 would do... But i'm now looking at my build thinking I probably want more with much more rad.

Associate
OP
You need to get some spinners on those wheels :)

Do you even need dual D5s? Thinking 1 would do... But i'm now looking at my build thinking I probably want more with much more rad.

I didn't go with dual D5s in the end. Stuck with the single EK D5 I already had.

Radiators also changed to Hardware Labs SR2 at the top and Hardware Labs GTS on the side.

My dream of copper tubing has not materialised and I'm currently running Mayhems Ultra Clear.

Finished (for now) pictures below. And some shots taken during the second stage of my flushing routine.

DSC_1433_zpspvuvxtls.jpg

DSC_1434_zpsqgqfzfvr.jpg

DSC_1438_zpsemfz9psj.jpg

DSC_1439_zpsnlyxcrjj.jpg

DSC_1436_zpsnsyescp6.jpg

DSC_1440_zpswhvwo29s.jpg

DSC_1441_zps06im8tar.jpg

DSC_1437_zps0yhjrmyx.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom