First Water Project: The Mad Titan

Soldato
Looking great. What's the splodge of purple near the bottom of the res in the last pic?
By "benching", I do hope you mean playing some games at unreasonable res and detail :D

Associate
I really like this build, and it is definitely looking better after you made the change to Titan X and all yellow coolant. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the lighting, about to sort some LEDs out for my build too.

Associate
OP
Looking great. What's the splodge of purple near the bottom of the res in the last pic?
By "benching", I do hope you mean playing some games at unreasonable res and detail :D

Yep, it's a purple air bubble!!! Only looking closely at it shows a purple tinge - even though I flushed like 5-6 times!! The discoloration has already begun! :( Ah well I will just flush out again!!

I will through it at a few 3Dmark tests then I will get on to some 4K and 1440p gaming! :)

Cheers
Ras

Associate
OP
I really like this build, and it is definitely looking better after you made the change to Titan X and all yellow coolant. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the lighting, about to sort some LEDs out for my build too.

Thanks mate, I am much happier now too! It looks way better imho! :)

I can't stress how cool (pun intended) the led lit fans look... Really different!

Good luck with your lighting! :)

Cheers
Ras

Soldato
The mark IN the res looks like the EK anti-cyclone thing just touching the side. I meant the purple just under the GPU power cables - could just be something behind the case showing through the cable hole.
Enjoy the gaming!

Associate
OP
The mark IN the res looks like the EK anti-cyclone thing just touching the side. I meant the purple just under the GPU power cables - could just be something behind the case showing through the cable hole.
Enjoy the gaming!

I'm not sure! I will have a closer look when I get back home! The splodge in the res is the EK AC with an air bubble between them but it does have a purple tinge and the yellow has darkened in that loop. No biggie though! :)

EDIT: Oh the second pic! That is the old acrylic propped up against the wall!! Good spot though!! :)

Cheers mate
Ras

Last edited:
Associate
did you have any problems installing the Samsung 950 pro M.2 drive ?

I will be using 3x 980tis in slots 1.2,4 as i .my cpu is 5960x so i have 40 lanes and i know having the 3x cards i will only be getting 8x/8x/4x/8x (M.2 takes over PCIe 3 SLOT) also according to the manual its good that im doing the 8x8x8x in 1,2,4 slots as i can then have the M.2 at 4x as if i do it so it does 16x16x8x in 1,4,5 i would only get 2x on the m.2 and also a bit more difficult getting the cards in 1,4,5 due to limited choice of water terminal and 120mm (80mm+40mm) bridges and more money . i figured that 8x8x8x is not that much slower than 16x16x8x about 2-4fps if that .

i just wanted to know if you ran into problems with the godlike board installing the M.2 drive as read on the MSI forums that there had been problems of it only running at 2x speeds and getting bad random read and write speeds with folk only running 1 or 2 cards .

im also thinking of getting the PM961 which seems faster than the 950 pro on the reads anyway .

thanks

P.s your build is sweet .

Associate
OP
Ok small update: Air filters arriving on Thursday and today, I have managed to strip her down completely to re-clean all the water cooling components in both loops as I was getting some discolouration.

I will be finishing the build hopefully by the end of the week!

Cheers
Ras

Associate
OP
Here are a few quick potato pics:

uxglHwMl.jpg
rJoVeP2l.jpg
ZGJWKNVl.jpg
N2gOKffl.jpg
2s5kjZfl.jpg

I am so happy with how this has turned out - I have been through many changes and iterations on spec and modifications, and am actually still waiting on my ModOne feet(!) but for my first water build this is exactly what I wanted.

Obviously I will be filling the resevoirs up to the top (once I have finished tweaking the colour!) but I'm technically still leak testing!

Better pictures to follow once my camera has charged!

Cheers
Ras

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom