Project Deadalus

Associate
Hi Everyone!
This build is a project that I’ve wanted to work on for years. Ever since I was a child getting into PC gaming I’ve wanted a completely overkill build, I loved the idea of having a top of the range gaming machine that hardly anyone else had, and after years of savings and maybe a few quid from my student loan (oops), the time has finally come when I can actually start building my dream, and with the Pascal architecture and 4k gaming, I don’t think it could have come at a better time. I’ve opted for a black/gold theme within the build. I’ve seen similar looking builds and I think they look regal and classy, so I’m hoping mine does too.
Another part of the reason for doing such a mental build, is so that I can start a portfolio of work with computers. Since I was young, I’ve built many computers from scratch, for Friends, family etc, and I’m always more than happy to build if someone offers, though unfortunately, this is rare. This is why I want to start MartsPC (aptly named, I know), offering builds, modding, painting, watercooling, upgrading to PC that don’t have the confidence/time to do it themselves (I know it’s not that hard, but some people just don’t wanna do it!). Once this build is done to completion, I will create a website with my portfolio, and hopefully will get some people coming to me! I wish it was financially viable for me to just purchase parts, build, and sell on, but it’s not. I’m not going to be building/modding so I can sell them, I’m going to be selling my services so that I can build them.

ANYWAY, onto the specs.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive x2
WD Blue 3TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
HyperX 240GB SATA3 3K 2.5-inch Gaming SSD Drive
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card (A8G) (2-Way SLI)
PSU: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case: Inwin 909 BLACK ATX Full Tower Case
Peripherals: LOGITECH G502 Proteus Spectrum, Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown
Audio: Sennheiser HD650, Schiit Magni/Modi Stack (I just tested these tonight. Oh. My. Word.)
Watercooling: EK FC1080 Acetal + Nickel GPU Block
EK Supremacy EVO
EK XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial (2x pump)
EK CoolStream XE360 Rad
EK Coolstream XE240 Rad
Apache Black Super Silent 120mm Fan x5
Custom Built Resevoir.
Monitors: BenQ RL2455HM x2
Asus Predator 4k2k HX271HK.

The build:
I’ve started a little bit of the build already. Please excuse my poor photography and messy/hideous student house!
This was the best sight I’ve ever seen.
oNcjRy1.jpg
The case, dewindowed. It’s so much bigger than it looks.
6hwGw1j.jpg
First step was to remove the HDD cages you can see in the top section of the case in the first picture. This is going to be the location of my reservoir. I took my electric drill and drilled the bolts out, and was left with a nice clean top compartment.
NW6oRWy.jpg
As I mentioned in the first wall of text, I’m going for a black and gold theme in the case. Thus, I decided to pain the bars on the RAM and the heat sinks on the motherboard.
Before:
faDdlFA.jpg
During:
MDFmBbh.jpg
After:
BlSDBO0.jpg
I’m pretty happy with how they’ve turned out. I really like the look of the gold. A few of the RAM bars didn’t get painted too well, so I may do another coat depending on how it all looks when it’s in the case, but I don’t want to overdo the paint.
I tried a couple of the sticks to see how it looked when they were installed.
ZWodAi2.jpg

And that’s where I’m up to at the moment. The next step for me is to wait for my reservoir and the water cooling parts to arrive so I can start planning my loop, and the areas that I’m going to shroud off with black acrylic.

Hope you guys will stick with me throughout my build and I’ll do an update as soon as I have one!

Cheers,
Jack

Last edited:

RJC

RJC

Don
You can edit them within Imgur, click the image then hit the edit button, on the top corner of the image you will see the resolution adjust and save, then you will need to edit your post with the new link.

Associate
OP
You can edit them within Imgur, click the image then hit the edit button, on the top corner of the image you will see the resolution adjust and save, then you will need to edit your post with the new link.

All done! Sorry for the mess :)

Soldato
Gotta love a build that jumps straight on in there with the drill! :D
Have to confess that when skim-reading on a mobile I was scratching my head trying to work out why you'd gone to the effort of spraying the silver bars silver :rolleyes: :D

Back
Top Bottom