OMG!! Most amazing Bluetooth headphones!!!

Associate
attack I can understand but still fail to see how pace and rhythm apply to headphones

From my experience of headphones while they render the same material the same way it does not always equal the same timing. JUst like Grados and sennheisers sound different to each other even though they may reproducing the same track.

Take something esoteric like the sony Qualia 010 or to a lesser extent senn he60 as soon as you play a track on it it blisteringly fast and by that I mean Leading notes and decaying notes start and end very quickly. And the overall impression is an exhilirating listen but to some including myself a fatiguing listen.

Other headphones pale in comparison save for a very select few. When I had the Qualia 010 once you get got accustomed to how fast the headphone sounds then switching to any other headphone all of them including headphones like he90's, R-10's. Stax O2's all sounded much slower. And if you switched to headphones like 650's and Rs-1's etc it sounded if someone had slowed the sound to such a degree it was they were like broken.

But something like the Qualia 010 is a one off technical showcase rather than a muscial headphone for the masses. They were only made in limited numbers. Had a high price not to mention you had to go into the Sony store and have your head measured to have the right Qualia Headphone size for you.

There is also another explaination or theory and that at the time that I had them there was a Placebo effect and it was not the most resolving, transparent and the headphone with the fastest attack of any headphone regardless of cost or equipment used. I have used it out of emm labs, mark levinsons, burmesters and it always sounded the same.

Hands down the fastest, most resolving headphone and most transparent headphone I have heard and that was like what 10 years ago? I can''t remember. Damn it rids you got me rambling!

Soldato
Attack and decay make perfect sense, always have, it's the pace and rhythm terms that have me scratching my noggin as they are defined at the source/recording. I guess that if headphones have a fast attack and decay then they will be able to keep the timing of sounds more accurately but may end up sounding less musical and more artificial as a result.

Soldato
Mine arrived. I will give my initial thoughts;

Positive.
Well packaged
Appear very well made

Negative
Cable to connect to PC is WAY too short, when connected to the back of my PC I have to lean down for it to reach
Ear cups are very small, my (not big ears) do not fit in. I have listened to 3 tracks my already my ears feel hot. Doesnt matter how good the sound quality is, if your ears hurt from too much heat they are not much good to me, that and not being able to use them with my PC because of the short cable.

ZcSIwxUh.jpg.png

eqLjTjgh.png

Caporegime
Shame they look horrible. I'm looking for a set of closed back cans, but they just don't look big enough for my ears or comfortable enough.

Soldato
OP
Mine arrived. I will give my initial thoughts;

Positive.
Well packaged
Appear very well made

Negative
Cable to connect to PC is WAY too short, when connected to the back of my PC I have to lean down for it to reach
Ear cups are very small, my (not big ears) do not fit in. I have listened to 3 tracks my already my ears feel hot. Doesnt matter how good the sound quality is, if your ears hurt from too much heat they are not much good to me, that and not being able to use them with my PC because of the short cable.

ZcSIwxUh.jpg.png

eqLjTjgh.png

Yes they can get hot, I have noticed this too.

Ermmmm, it's made for connecting to mp3 players, phones, amps etc.... Why would they provide a 5m cable for PC's?.... That's a fussy negative :)....... Bluetooth dongle on PC maybe?

Sound is 10x it's price

Associate
I'm all for happy purchases and people enjoying their gear but 10 x the price? Thats a pretty big statement that would put them in the same tier as the Elear, HD800 + 800s and the Audeze range.

Associate
2 times the price from me.

Knowing what the Philips x2 sound like i prefer these sq wise.

I think he nightrider1470 has the mk802 on an amp where is sounds good whereas the hd 800 is picky about the amp to sound good.

Or blue tooth which is unamped.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bluetooth headphones - I take it it's the DAC in the headphones that are doing all the processing so it should sound the same no matter the DAP?

Oder update - The MK802's got lost in delivery, have to reorder. Jaybird X2 delivered today.

Soldato
MK802 - After a bit of tweaking I am really liking the sound - fun and musical and really loving having no wires and a ~10m range.

However they are not as comfortable as I'd like - cups are too small and a bit too much clamping force.

Back
Top Bottom