First watercooling build - evolv atx

Associate
Hi

Feeling quite proud of my new build so thought I would share some images of the completed build.

It contains the following:

Evolv ATX glass
i5 6600k (oc to 4.5ghz)
MSI Z170 M7
Palit gtx 980ti super jetstream
Superflower Leadex 1000w
Sandisk pro ssd

WC Bits:
EK nickel and plexi CPU (Supremacy Evo) and GPU blocks
Primochill advanced tubing 16/10
Phobya balance 150 res
EK ACF compression fittings (nickel)(straight and 45 degree)
A few XSPC chrome 90 degree fittings
EK xtop revo D5 pwn plexi
2 x 360 slim rads (Hardware Labs gts 360 & Magicool G2 360)
3 x noiseblocker m12 s2 fans
3x noiseblocker b12 2 fans
Mayhems pastel red

The pics:

I am really quite happy with it!

Temps are not the lowest due to the thin rads and the restrictive nature of the front and top. CPU and GPU hit 60c during gaming with fans never going beyond 1000rpm. Idle temps are 30c or thereabouts with fans idling at about 600rpm.

I need to sit down and do some testing with fan curves and pump speeds to get the best speed/ noise ratio but currently quite satisfied with it.

Some general thoughts on the build, I should have gone for a XSPC photon d5 res/ pump combo as this would have been a lot easier to route the piping. Whilst the separate pump and res may look better the very limited space in the bottom is annoying plus it makes draining it a bit of an issue.

It has a drain port from the only place i could fit it but this is not at the bottom of the loop so it becomes quite an exercise!

Vibration from the pump hasnt been an issue yet as I put a bunch of anti vibration rubber under the pump but it was a very tight fit and a bit more would have been nice but impossible in it's current position.

Barely uses just over half a litre of mayhems pastel red so got plenty of spare!

The best buy of the build has to be the Phobya res, it is all metal, looks very good and is almost half the price of the EK equivalent.

I do wish i had bought a EK backplate for the GPU, the card already had one which i though could stay in place but it was in the way of the block screws so had to go. To late to add one now and cant be bothered to remove the gpu from the loop just to fit an aesthetic addition.

Associate
OP
Not to bad, pretty muggy here at the mo but the CPU and gpu never get pass 60c with fans at 900rpm idles 30c or so depending on the weather. Need to have a little fiddle as the pump is currently flush with the roof of the psu shroud so it does vibrate and make noise a fair bit. Will need to bend the metal just a tad I think to avoid this.

Associate
Looks awesome, found your link from thread where you answered someone. Can I ask where you bought your watercooling parts? I'm a first timer.

Back
Top Bottom