M12II EVO Edition 750W

Man of Honour
We have had several people on here complaining about the noise of the fans with that series so for the most part they are not recommended anymore.

I was just going to recommend the EVGA Supernova G2 750w but noticed the price has shot up so can't recommend that from here at that price. The P2 Platinum 750w is only £8 more.

What about the Seasonic built (based on the G series) XFX XTR750w? That's fully modular and gold rated. Review here.

The Corsair RM 750x is also a very good unit. It has a zero rpm fan mode so should be very quiet and has a 7 year warranty. Review here.

Associate
OP
yea that says a lot.. I thought with it being seasonic it would have been good but neg reviews on the fan noise was putting me off.

the HCG-850M was pretty bad as well but it also had neg reviews for this.

I like the look of the 2 you have listed. the xfx might be my choice but still tempted on the RM750 for the 7 years warranty.. but the xfx does still have 5 years and looks nicer to me.

Soldato
i have the 520 s12 II bronze and in the few weeks ive had it, no noises to mention, my original case fan is louder lol and perhaps my stock intel cooler.

i dont use my computer 24/7, only the odd days i will have my computer on for a day/2 day straight, but still use it long enough to pick faults.

Associate
I have the M12II Evo running next to me right now. I hate it, it's so loud it's a complete ----take. Finally going to have to buy a quiet one before I throw my computer out of the window... Hence being in the PSU section. I wish someone had told me...

[oops thought was new thread, can't delete, mods please do]

Associate
OP
yea no need to delete. keeps its all in one thread for folk and as above its more info for everyone.

On a side note.. Im loving the XFX it runs near silent compared to even the corsair CX750M I had. Im really happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom