8Pack super fast smash the rest i5 Skylake Overclocked, Discounted killer GAMING bundle.

Associate
Mines been running ok for a couple of days, turned on this evening and I've got the dram led flashing, then going solid red. No post to bios. According to the manual I'm supposed to press the memory button, wait for it to flash faster and reboot itself. It doesn't work. Reboots then goes back to solid red. Tried both sticks, together and one at a time. Any suggestions?

Associate
Mines been running ok for a couple of days, turned on this evening and I've got the dram led flashing, then going solid red. No post to bios. According to the manual I'm supposed to press the memory button, wait for it to flash faster and reboot itself. It doesn't work. Reboots then goes back to solid red. Tried both sticks, together and one at a time. Any suggestions?

Try some more memory! I had similar but fortunately it turned out to be only one of my simms at fault.

Associate
My bundle arrived yesterday, all installed at default speeds then I read this today about the moves to block the non-K OCing.

It will be good to get an official response from Ian/OcUK regarding this. Assumption is that we can apply the BIOS and OC profile and just... not update the BIOS?

Unless it's pushed out via Windows Update and then we're all screwed (yes, most of us use Windows Update in the real world)

Associate
Try some more memory! I had similar but fortunately it turned out to be only one of my simms at fault.

Mate, the would but I don't have ddr4 lying around ;)
Is there anything else it could be to bring up this error, like the board or processor. I don't really wanna have to rma the lot back to overclockers and wait for the turnaround. Mind you, it's no better today so it's not looking like it's going to fix itself.

Associate
Worked it out.
Had a friend bring his Geil memory over, and his i7 6700 for good measure.Tried the RAM still no post, swapped out the processor, all sprang into life. I have sent a message to OCUK and expecting an exchange.

Associate
Ok so i have this i5 bundle ! and it seems to be running sweet ! my only problem is i cant find anywhere to check my core temp, other than the bios ..? HWmonitor is not showing core temp..?

Helppp please !

Soldato
I'm assuming there will be a microcode update sooner or later for this (maybe I'm wrong - hopefully!).

I'm using a GPO to control Windows updates as per

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Updates

Does anyone know if a microcode update can be manipulated using GP?

Associate
Many people here talking about windows updating the microcode are forgetting that the part of the cpu that stores the microcode is volatile. This means that windows would have to update the microcode on each startup, making this microcode change not permanent.

I don't see this happening at all as the microcode update via windows update has never happend before. There were many times where this could have been done (eg. AMD's TLB bug)

Associate
Basically i keep getting a random black screen every now and then and then after about 1 sec or 2.. it comes back..sometimes without my sound ..:(... hmm

Sounds more like gpu driver crashing, maybe due to unstable overclocks on the gpu.

Do you get a message on the bottom right saying AMD or NVIDIA driver has stopped responding when it recovers from the crash?

Back
Top Bottom