** NHL & Ice Hockey Discussion **

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I'd read that having an ad blocker enabled causes that behaviour so try disabling anything you have running.

My only gripes are now they have the ad breaks in the replay games (when you don't watch it live) and the auto bandwidth adapting system keeps changing the quality.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Who is best player in the last season? You opinion

Best at what though, too many different things I think in hockey to say who is 'best'.

That said, the answer is Ovechkin ;)

Caps not looking great after their stupid long break, slow to start (although back to back afternoon games likely haven't helped) but at least are finishing the game on top.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
I'd read that having an ad blocker enabled causes that behaviour so try disabling anything you have running.

will do. good shout, didnt think about that.

I had blackout on the Flyers Rangers game all this weekend because it wouldnt work. apparently adfreetime doesnt have a workaround for the new format, but it worked ok for the Isles/Oilers game so who knows. I found a nice high quality stream on reddit anyway. Cheers NHL. :rolleyes:

Who is best player in the last season? You opinion

last season, Carey Price. He was a major factor for success in montreal and it is very clear this season with him missing.

this season, I would have to go with Kane. To go through all that BS in the off season and dominate as much as he has done shows huge talent.

Caps not looking great after their stupid long break, slow to start (although back to back afternoon games likely haven't helped) but at least are finishing the game on top.

they are playing the long game for sure this season. They are very much a 'bigger picture' team and it shows. I will be surprised if they aren't in the SCF.

Soldato
this nhl.tv thing is absolutely crap.

every time the game goes to a commercial break, it restarts the stream.

Yeh agree, they changed it to look to facebooky and gimmicky. Before it was simple and worked (kinda like the OCUK forums!).

Was in florida for 2 weeks so was able to stream a few games at decent times, Ducks had a nice 6 game streak which ended last night with the penguins, can't win them all I guess.

Flyers tonight so hopefully we can smash them like we did in december :p

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Went to watch the Flyers Caps game last night on the PS3 app and came up saying no feeds available. Tried the other games from Sunday to see if they were broken and all were like it.

Had to plug laptop into TV in the end and watch through the website which had the games just fine.

Still so annoyed about the ad breaks, at least give us an easy way to skip past them or something. When you have the scores hidden on PS3 you don't even get a proper timer bar so have to have reasonable guesses as to how much to skip and try not to overshoot :p

Soldato
Ducks vs Flyers game last night, good win for the Ducks again ;)

Did slightly turn into a dirty game with simmons randomly punching perry at the half way line, ref watching and didn't call a penalty untill perry turned round and smacked him in the face and we came off with a PK O.o

Least we're now back to winning some games and scoring some goals!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
I'm absolutely done with nhltv. I'm sat here watching a stuttery mess that they call a game stream. Speed ups, slow downs, low nitrate sound, low quality pixelated mess every minute. It really is an absolute shambles. NHL won't be getting a resubscriptiin from me.

And adfreetime still isn't working either so I just have nothing.
May as well just watch games on reddit now. So frustrating.

Soldato
I'm absolutely done with nhltv. I'm sat here watching a stuttery mess that they call a game stream. Speed ups, slow downs, low nitrate sound, low quality pixelated mess every minute. It really is an absolute shambles. NHL won't be getting a resubscriptiin from me.

And adfreetime still isn't working either so I just have nothing.
May as well just watch games on reddit now. So frustrating.

Mine seems fine here, started pausing and going pixelated but soon realised that my downloads had started kicking in, stopped them all and it was fine.

unlocator.com is working superbly with it, had issues where it wouldn't work for the ducks vs pengs game so raised a ticket, next day it was all sorted and working fine.

I agree the website looks complete cack and the streams seem to be slightly less quality than before. Will have to see if they improve it, the app does keep being updated every few days at the moment.,

Soldato
I've found the new NHL.TV app to produce much better quality streams than the old one for me. Since downloading that I've had no skips, jumps, buffering, blur or anything.

My only gripe is as others have said - it just stops for the commercial breaks when watching a replay.

But another plus is that the highlights no longer show results of other games.
I tend to watch the extended highlights of all the good games, and recaps for the games with teams in the lower half of the league.

So I much prefer the new version - but maybe i'm just lucky in that it's working well.

I was a bit worried of missing a lot since moving to live in Iceland but they have better net than the UK and it's easy to get a connection running so haven't missed any.

IMO, the Caps look like the only Eastern team to pose a true threat to the West come cup final Bo7.

So i'd be very shocked if they don't get there - and they are prob faves to win it all at this point.

My heart says a Blues v Caps final would be one hell of a series.
But I know the Blues will probably not make it that far again. Getting to the SCF through Kings, Blackhawks, Stars is no easy task!

Soldato
Well.......spent a couple of hours in A&E with my lad last night. 7 mins into the 1st period and as he poke checks the puck away he gets hit from behind with the guy landing on him and popping his shoulder. Luckily x-rays show just soft tissue injury, no bone/joint damage but its the same shoulder that sidelines him every so often.
He's now at Butlins with friends recovering, lol.
Sheesh, the amount of times i've had to drag him into A&E in full kit....:rolleyes:

Soldato
Ducks are making a nice little push late in the season. Gone from sitting about 23-26 for the whole season and now currently sitting 11th!

Got rid of our faster players and brought in some slower big players for a more physical game and it seems to have done the trick. Garbutt was a trade which not many of the fans wanted/liked but he seems to be fitting in perfectly, scored a good few goals and doing really good forchecking.

Getzlaf and Perry seem to have kicked it into gear as well now, splitting them into different lines seems to have got them going and the others. Goalies are doing pretty well also, Anderson and Gibson are two great goalies and hopefully we should keep them for a year or two before Gibson wants to become the main one.

As long as they keep this up then I can see a good attempt at the playoffs :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
still not getting any joy with adfreetime. they have basically told me my setup is correct but i probably have an issue with my NHL account.

Going to give unlocator a go and see if it helps.

Soldato
still not getting any joy with adfreetime. they have basically told me my setup is correct but i probably have an issue with my NHL account.

Going to give unlocator a go and see if it helps.

Unlocator is working 100% for me on the xbone, even tried the vpn service while in the US on the laptop and it worked first time.

Just make sure the ticks are green on your account page (don't need the top tick if your not watching on the pc/laptop) then change the DNS settings in the device.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Unblock-US, which I've been using last couple of years, stopped working on PS3 for me. Whenever using their settings games showed 'no feeds available'

Tried unlocator and that's been working great so will be switching to that.

Soldato
Went to Tampa vs Devils last night and it was just amazing. I like watching British sports events live but this is just on another level. The lights, the venue, the crowd, the beer, the food, the wealth and the hits! One lucky kid near us got a puck that pinged out over the nets.

Back
Top Bottom