windows 10 experience not good so far

Associate
so I upgraded to windows 10 today from 7 pro and had a few niggling problems,,,first dirt rally wouldn't play in steam so had to uninstall it and re install,,,now it works but in windows mode and shadowplay dosnt work with it,,,also its stuck on version 1.0 and wont update.

battlefield on origin seems to work fine and shadowplay working on it but need for speed most wanted has graphical glitches/artifacting,,,theres black lines flashing everywhere on screen when I'm playing,,,its not my gpu as only happens in need for speed so I'm in the process of re installing to see if that helps,,,on top of all this I cant download apps as it says there is a problem on microsofts end when I try and says try again later,,,so far I'm disappointed in windows 10 and can see me rolling back to 7 pro

does anyone know if rolling back takes long? like does it take as long as installing windows 10?

Associate
OP
will I loose all my motherboard apps etc? like Ai suite 3? also I will be ****ed if it is still ****e after as wont be able to roll back to windows 7 will I?

Associate
OP
need for speed still glitches/artifacts but I have found a way to stop it,,,everytime I start the game it has these weird graphical glitches until I go in the graphics settings and click apply settings,,,i don't have to change them just apply what there already set at then it works great with no glitches at all lol what a weird glitch,,,

all my other games in steam and origin seem to work fine and with shadowplay except dirt rally which works but in windows mode and without shadowplay.

think I'm going to give it a little longer to see if I can live with it or not lol

Soldato
Try reinstalling your graphics drivers.

Ultimately though the issue isn't Windows 10 itself, it's that it's installed on top of a previous OS, which works fine for some (myself included) but not for others.

Associate
OP
ahh didnt know that gaz,,but when i re installed it it stopped half way through and said error cant update corrupted file,,,,i will try re installing my gpu drivers in mo,,,maybe that will help so thanks for the suggestion,,, :) would i just delete all old drivers then re install? sorry if stupid question but new to pc gaming and windows having being a linux user for the last 10 years :)

Associate
OP
try verify cache integrity in steam on dirty rally right click goto properties the local files and verify cache integrity of game cache

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PZng5vj9ic

I'm doing it now :) do I uninstall everything that says NVidia in the uninstall programs (as not sure which ones are drivers lol) then re install drivers from NVidia website?

thanks for help so far

Associate
OP
right done that,,,it said all files successfully validated so I'm guessing that's a good thing? lol havnt watched the vid you posted yet :) just wish it didn't play in windows mode and shadowplay would work,,,need for speed is bugging me just as much although I can get it to work now having to go in the setting every time is annoying

Back
Top Bottom