Is it possible to play 2 audio languages at the same time

Associate
Hi an open air cinema has opened up near me and they are using wireless headphones for which the people have 2 audio channels 1 for English and the other for spanish , is it possible for me to do this at home, maybe with 2 sound cards ect?

Soldato
Ignoring the problem of supporting two simultaneous audio streams, how would you get the software being used to view the movie to actually output two different streams at once?

Man of Honour
Ignoring the problem of supporting two simultaneous audio streams, how would you get the software being used to view the movie to actually output two different streams at once?

Ages back there used to be a way to force the stream splitter (haali IIRC) in k-lite to output a second audio stream in a movie to channels 3-4 and then custom remap the speaker channels in MPC to re-purpose the rear left and right channels as a second stereo pair on a soundcard that supported 4+ speakers. Can't see a way to do it with the current version at a quick glance though.

EDIT: First steps are mentioned here http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-164878.html but I found a way to then remap the streams rather than have both play into the same channels, on my tablet ATM so can't easily try and get it working with more recent versions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom