*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Soldato
Well thats me finished tinkering with it for now, Corsair ML fans all round, silver cable extensions and a NZXT Hue+ LED setup.
Will be putting money aside for the next few months for what will most likely be a Kaby/Z270/RAM upgrade.

20170112_152728_zpsg33timis.jpg

20170112_142910_zpssziyr2o8.jpg

20170112_143103_zpstagvlnt9.jpg

Current setup
2500K with corsair H110i AIO cooler
Asrock z68 Extreme7 Gen3
16gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer DDR3
Inno3D GTX 1080
Samsung 850 500gb SSD
Crucial m4 120gb SSD
1Tb HDD
EVGA 650 GQ gold rated PSU
NZXT S340 with Corsair ML140/120 fans
NZXT Hue+
Bitfenix Silver braided cable extensions(too lazy to do it myself)

Soldato
Nice, 2500k still going strong I see.

Looks so modern you wouldn't have known :p
:) Yep still going strong at 4.4ghz, bought it july 2011 thats 5 and a half years! but its getting about time to retire it, its crazy how a processor that old can still be relevant today... its both impressive and a little bit sad...

Associate
:) Yep still going strong at 4.4ghz, bought it july 2011 thats 5 and a half years! but its getting about time to retire it, its crazy how a processor that old can still be relevant today... its both impressive and a little bit sad...

This encapsulates the CPU scene. Hopefully things will shift in the next few years.

Associate
didnt even know external rads were a thing, assuming theres fans on the back of that thing.. doesnt it get a bit loud with it being outside the case?

Associate
i have mine right at the edge of the case, along the back - bottom - front
in this kind of shape |_|
depends on how you want it to light up tbh, i have mine so its all lit up but some people prefer the light on one side only etc

Soldato
I got the LED strip today, and its very bright, so hopefully light up my case well, so I will be able to finally see my hardware clearly through the rubbish glass panel.

The LED strip plugs in to a small box that needs to be on the outside of the case for the remote to work,, So Im waiting for a extension lead so I can then fix the box onto the rear of the case, out through a unused pci back plate.

Last edited:
Associate
I had a similar setup but having it on the outside and manually switching it on/off bugged me a bit

what i did was, cut off the plug and replace it with a molex connection so it can connect to a molex cable inside your pc (using the yellow (12v) and black (ground) connections)

then inside of having that little box and an infrared remote.. i got one of these, its much smaller so can hide inside your case and it works through RF so you dont need line of sight to your remote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RF-Mini-W...681089?hash=item3d12848a41:g:bDwAAOSwezVWzB3D

Soldato
Ah I must have mist-read as I did see these receivers with LED strips and thought they all used IR, yeah that would have been better, damn. Do you think that RF will work with my LED strip as that looks much better then having a ugly box fixed on the back of the case?

But the main reason I bought a mains one, is so I can turn it on/off easily with or without the remote, as I have a mains socket right next to me.

Back
Top Bottom