Silent small case

Associate
Looking for something a little less in your face than my old Haf X. ARE case, preferably silent, at least to reduce the noise of Coil whine. Smaller than haf x also. Did have a look at Define S but pretty large.

Soldato
Cooltek W2 is a great case, compact, great build quality and quiet with the right components. That's the key... even a fully sound proofed case will be noisy if you make poor component choice.

Associate
OP
Well decided on the Define C. Look like exactly what I am after, small, efficient and hopefully quiet.

My Haf X has most of the fans stripped out and the remainder running at next to nothing RPM. There is little airflow in the case but I have the top dust filters off and the CPU fan pointing upwards so all heat just goes naturally out the top. GPU is the only thing that creates noise. Hopefully the Define C will make that a bit quieter.

Associate
OP
Loving the Define C, great choice, certainly reduces the noise, and the wife even likes it which is different to the comments she had of the haf x over the years :)

Soldato
I'm looking for something similar for a living room gaming PC. Would you say the Define C would be suitable in a living room?

Is it fully kitted out with fan filters on all intakes?

Associate
OP
I'm looking for something similar for a living room gaming PC. Would you say the Define C would be suitable in a living room?

Is it fully kitted out with fan filters on all intakes?

Well its in my living room and the wife has not said a bad word about it, that's saying something!

Only thing I would say is that the Power light / HDD light is quite bright and if in your direct line of sight might be a bit annoying it your watching TV. Mine is 75 degree of the wives LOS to the TV, she has no complaints.

Includes all filters and 2 120 fans. I purchased an extra fan for the front to maintain positive pressure in the case.

Very impressed.

Back
Top Bottom