Spec me a case

Associate
Hi guys.

Just got a 1070 and wanting to upgrade from my Zalman Z11 Plus as it's not super easy to clean and I just want to start fresh.

My only requirement is that the case can fit a 285mm GPU.

1) I only cool via air (no water cooling)
2) I don't braid cables and I think I'd be too lazy to even though I'd like it very much
3) I don't have a modular PSU so I think I can't make excellent cable management

Because of that I don't think I need a case that's all glass but I would prefer having some sort of window on the side to showcase my 1070 :)

Big plus if the case has good fans as I don't have any custom fans either. I could take some from my Zalman Z11 Plus but then I wouldn't be able to sell it off I guess.

Budget doesn't matter as long as It's a very good case for my needs (shouldn't be too expensive I assume though). I don't want a cheap quality case - would prefer very good aesthetics and build quality. Maybe no shiny plastic as I think I've scratched my shiny plastic on top of my Z11 Plus now a lot, the rest of the case is Matte sort of plastic which is what I like.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
OP
Might be a tad small for you but I've just got one of these from the clearance section for £43 delivered, normally cost around £60

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-eclipse-p400-midi-tower-case-gun-metal-window-ca-043-pt.html

Loads of room internally, very quiet fans, nifty front panel lighting (if thats important to you, separate section for psu and will certainly take a long gpu card.
Comes very highly regarded by a lot of people as far as I can see.

Was originally going to go for this but I think I'm now settled on the Enthoo Evolv after days of searching!

Only problem I have is I don't know what else to get with it.

• What LED strips? I'm assuming the Phantek starter combo set?
  • Most likely going to upgrade my cooling as well - what CPU cooler to get with this case? And where to attach it? Top/Front? (although won't see much use now as I have a H87 which isn't the best for OC.. waiting a few months before I switch my motherboard to something good and to the newest gen of i5 (or possibly i7) with some high speed 16GB RAM... damn, even a new modular PSU because I want them fancy cable setups.. but this is a very costly upgrade coming so possibly not for a while if even this year)
  • Should I switch out the case fans? If yes: to what? Basically, what should my fan setup be? 2x front, 1x AIO top, 1x back? I think 3 already come with the case so.. I'd just have to add the AIO to the top, right?

Edit: I've just re-decided (kind of).. holding off from Evolv for now as many mention the air flow isn't too great because of the top. Back to trying to decide on a case again. Yay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom