Obsidian 750D Airflow still relevant?

Associate
Hi all,

So mrs gave me permission to start ordering my bits for my new systems, the core will be ordered once Ryzen is out so I can see whether to go Intel or AMD but I wanted to start with the case.

Is the 750D a good choice? I want a full tower case. I like the fact it has the four usb ports and I have room to put a fancy fan controller in the front.

The rest of the system will roughly look like the below

ryzen cpu/mobo
1070/80
32 gig mem
Lots of SSD/HDD space

Soldato
I have one.

If you intend to use one of the 5.25" bays for a fan controller, look up some pictures of it with a 5.25" device installed. The case is wider than the 5.25 bay, which means the 5.25 device has to be slightly recessed and has plastic and either side. Some people hate how it looks with something installed, so check that out first if you haven't.

It lacks a psu shroud like some newer cases with a window and doesn't come with any sort of fan hub like similar cases have started to come with.

It's still a great case though. Easy to work/build in, plenty of room.Even using it with a 290 vapor-x and big dual tower cooler and I had plenty of space. If you like it's looks and are happy to pay the price, I see no reason not to go with it.

Word of warning, it really is huge though. You might even need a psu extension for the cpu 12V. I needed one for my Seasonic X-750 as it would barely reach the cpu 12v without it.

Back
Top Bottom