Gear Thread - Pics

Associate
Gear Thread

The 3rd thread of its kind so i think we all know the rules by now. But here they are for the new people
Keep the images a reasonable size pixels and Kbs. No chat if you wish to discuss someones gear please start a new thread.

Associate
OP
group.JPG

Left to right.
Les paul clone by commerdor
Fender Squire P bass
Yammaha Pacifica 112
Cheapo Acoustic that i had when i was 7 and put me off playing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fender American Standard Stratocaster (2000)
My first proper guitar (after I sold a finger shredding Squier which I now kind of wish I'd kept). I can comfortably say it'll never get sold :) Just a few little modifications here and there. Put a new aluminium shield under the pickguard, installed Graphtech bridge saddles and made a wood block to block the tremelo.
fender.jpg

Wesley STC 33 Strat Copy
Bought this nice little guitar as a beater and also to keep in Eb. After putting in better pickups, a new scratchguard and sanding down the neck it actually plays really nicely.
wesley.jpg

Eko Laredo 6 Acoustic Guitar
Bought in Spain in the 1970s by my mother, a really nice warm sounding acoustic. The action used to be really high, but is really nice since I filed down the bridge to lower it.
eko.jpg

Marshall DSL401 Amplifier
Awesome amp, that had a few technical difficulties, so I installed a new bridge rectifier and while I was at it some EH preamp valves and a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker.
marshall.jpg

PRS SE Soapbar (Ltd Edition - 2004)
Bought this beauty in August 2005 after playing one in Glasgow in February and being amazed at the neck. Plays absolutely beautifully and requires no additions yet other than straplocks. I love the cutaway and half moon inlays.
prs3.jpg

Effects Chain - Guitar > Digitech Whammy > Korg GT12 Tuner > Line 6 DL4 > Zvex Fuzz Factory > Amp > PC

Last edited:
Man of Honour
spoons.JPG

My Spoons :)

mydrums.jpg

My Drums : Pearl Masters MMX - Cymbals : Zildjian 14" quick beat hi-hats, 10" A splash, 15" K dark crash thin, 17" A medium thin crash, 17" A Custom crash, 20" Z Custom power ride/20" A Custom ping ride, 16" Oriental china trash.
Noddy Stickers.

Associate
bitches.JPG

guitars - Ibanez RG470, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Gothic, el cheapo Montana acoustic, and a borrowed ESP LTD Explorer w/ EMG 81 & 85

fx.jpg

Fender F15R practice amp, Zoom GFX-8 multi-fx, Zoom Tri-Metal (waaaay heavier than a Metal Zone), Jim Dunlop CryBaby

dod.JPG

DOD Grind (simulates a Mesa triple-rectifier...oooh). made redundant by my Tri-Metal

next on the list: prolly a better amp...

Last edited:
Soldato
Click the pic for full size (2160x1440 900K):
In order of aquisition, left to right: Samick mystery - Squier Stratocaster (Korean) - PRS CE24 Maple Top - Fender Floy Rose Strat (Mexican, heavily customised) - Ibanez JEM7BSB (imported, I saved a fortune)

My GT6:

gt6.jpg

My '60's VOX AC15 Twin:

VOX500.JPG

Hopefully, this'll get stickied.

Associate
Take a look at this one,

Numark TTX1 - Prefer these to my old technics, much nicer to use. Plus I like to be different :)!

BMR77214.jpg

Vestax PCV175 Mixer - Pretty decent mixer, actually, thats abit of an understatement :)!

vespcv175.jpg

All hooked up to my sound system, which to be honest isnt that good until I have the money to upgrade:cool:

Man of Honour
I know I'll get some stick but what the heck.

banjo.jpg

banjocase.jpg

milltown.jpg

One of hte finest Tenor Banjo players in Ireland had this baby as his first. It has been passed through many talented musicians as their first banjo and here it is now with me. All I need is the talent.

Made in 1966 I believe.

Oh and I played at Milltown Malbay in Co. Clare hence the sticker :D

Soldato
BTB406QMBBL-1A-01.jpg

My Ibanez BTB606QM Bass.

Its not actually quite such a hiddeous colour in RL.
I also have a Aria P-Bass replica which is not quite so nice.

Last edited:
Associate
pacifica.jpg
applause.jpg
r99.jpg

From left to right: Yamaha Pacifica 112 electric, Ovation Applause AE128 shallow bowl electro-acoustic, Roland DAC-15D 15 watt amp with long and short delay, chorus, reverb, and flange effects built in - nice :D

Soldato
Wal custom II 5-string, with Schedua facings and mahogany core. 24ct Gold plated hardware, XLR out, the legendary Wal electronics, and a custom neck profile after visits/consultations with the man himself, Pete Stevens

OMG that is very nice! I remember seeing that in the old gearthread

Associate
gol1.jpeg

Golden Hofner 1963 with Mother of Pearl inlays. Mine has a custom control set, moved from bottom to top left of body.

i-1.JPG

Ovation Elite 1718. Mine has a darker front to it with a custom control set at the top of the round bottom

Back
Top Bottom