Only in Australia :D

Soldato
OP
To be fair I think I'd have a heart attack if I came up against one of theirs :D.

I'm not overly bothered by UK spiders we don't have anything that can do more than hurt you afaik. I've been bitten by one of those mini tarantulas we have (huntsman?) no worse than a bee sting.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not saying I'm scared of spiders, but some of those things are viscouns. When my borther was travelling around Australia he got bit by a false widow, safe to say I laughed when I found out.

Either way those lil' harmless ones can come and go as they please. The guys that makes noise when they move or are severly venomous on the other hand...... Fire, it's the only option. :D

Soldato
OP
You secretly love the DM and so does everyone else.

It's ok though, keeps me in a job :cool:

Personally I hate the picture story time articles but the comments section has some pure gold so I keep going back :D. GDs got nothing on them :D.

It's nice to get another perspective on news when they actually run it.everyone in the science division needs to be sacked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Used to live in Sydney. Can remember them being so big you could hear their footsteps as they scurried away.

Rapidly tap all your fingers on the desk like your hand is a spider. That's the sound :eek:

Soldato
Personally I hate the picture story time articles but the comments section has some pure gold so I keep going back :D. GDs got nothing on them :D.

It's nice to get another perspective on news when they actually run it.everyone in the science division needs to be sacked.

Prepare for copious amounts of finkelmatter to be inserted into your letterbox my dear sir.

Soldato
I've had a few of those long stand-off battles with the odd exceptional arachnid. Just didn't scream like a girl - except for the initial IT'S HERE moment of course.

The worst one took about an hour and ended up in a draw with the big ******* escaping into the bathroom. The thing was so big that it couldn't get through a reasonable gap under a door in the hallway, and so on the ball, that it managed to dodge both feet, flame and water like it actually had spidey sense.

**** those 8 legged freaks in Australia.

Caporegime
I'm not scared of spiders, but I wouldn't say i'm a fan of them either.

I tend to let the ones I find in the house do what they want, leave me be, and I leave them be, job done :p

I'm moving to Australia in the new year though, and the idea of Huntsman and the likes running about do make me a bit wary. If I see a venomous spider, it'll be meeting my shoe put it that way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom