• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gtx770 on i5 2500k stuttering laggy

Associate
OP
Its a shame to be sure. I have a 680 SLI setup and it has executed flawlessly so far in an X58 system, especially for BF3 - I had some issues with Nvidia drivers, but they ironed them out eventually. Just upgraded to Z68 yesterday with i7 2600k - would be interesting to compare our respective results once I have her ready to rock.

I would be very interested in your thoughts on your upgrade :)

Also i will give the 327.24 a go, you never know :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well an interesting update to my issue :) I did turn MESH down in BF3 but could not see much change.
I then downloaded the latest Nvidia beta driver 327.24 this has made it better but overall still laggy and stuttering :(
Then i followed a link from the Battelog forums kindley posted by Davanius ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3u9eiskM4

Please have a look at this as i done what the guy said in the video and this has made a huge difference :eek:
CPU CORE PARKING never heard of this before but for me it has made BF3 run much better.

Have you guys done this?? if so did make your BF3 run better?

Associate
I have heard of Core Parking but never had to investigate it because I never had performance issues with BF3. Afaik, the SB CPUs are normally mentioned in these cases, so thanks for the link - I might be needing it soon.

(Update on my build: The first OS install was a disaster, with BSODs all over the place. Second time around seems to be going better, but I need some time to verify overall stability).

Some more on Core Parking and SB: http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1470554&mpage=1

Soldato
@ op pick up a 2600k/2700k and feel the difference:D

They are fine,but multithreaded games will always benefit from a hyperthreaded CPU

This...

I had a i5 2500k was superb with my single 7950, then I went crossfire that's where I found out the i5 isn't enough on some games with crossfire.

Sold i5 2500k and got i7 2600k and now both GPU's get 100% usage.

Associate
OP
Mmm ok we'll sounds like there is room for improvement ;) I think I need to start selling stuff on the bay lol

Why an i7 2600k? I can only see 3770's on OC's

Last edited:
Associate
This...

I had a i5 2500k was superb with my single 7950, then I went crossfire that's where I found out the i5 isn't enough on some games with crossfire.

Sold i5 2500k and got i7 2600k and now both GPU's get 100% usage.

Hi m8
Out of interest, what speed do you tun your 2600k at ? I've heard the 1155 pin SB models clock better than the 3xx0 variants, which can negate the impact of hyperthreading. I run my SB at 4.6 but could puch a little more out of it.

cj

Associate
Right just tried my new setup. I7 2600k at stock, RAM at 1333, GTX 680 SLI. Latest Nvidia Drivers.

I get excellent GPU usage, some stuttering though. May try and disable Core Parking if it persists.

So far, matching my i7 920 @ 3.7 Ghz very nicely.

Caporegime
Right just tried my new setup. I7 2600k at stock, RAM at 1333, GTX 680 SLI. Latest Nvidia Drivers.

I get excellent GPU usage, some stuttering though. May try and disable Core Parking if it persists.

So far, matching my i7 920 @ 3.7 Ghz very nicely.

You shouldn't be getting stuttering with an i7. What is all this talk of core parking? I don't remember having to do anything like this when i was on Windows 7 to get smooth performance in Battlefield 3. The game is not demanding at all any more, even at 1440p.

Associate
OP
You shouldn't be getting stuttering with an i7. What is all this talk of core parking? I don't remember having to do anything like this when i was on Windows 7 to get smooth performance in Battlefield 3. The game is not demanding at all any more, even at 1440p.

On certain maps with lots of players i do feel its quite laggy just something not right, But CPU Core Parking has made a big difference;)

Can anyone recommend a place to buy i7 2600k or i7 2700k??

Associate
I can tell you 100% why you're getting stutter in BF3 because i have all so had it and now i don't any more ...

Reason why you're getting stutter is because the cards are getting hot when they get past 70c they seems to give out bad stuttering in BF3 i notice as well ,When i was just using 50% fans speed then so i up that to 80% and no more stuttering in BF3 the cards were a lot cooler round 50c .

Problem with nvidia drivers they set them to Auto,But auto is a load of **** and never really works well ,

Well never for me any way . so i set that to manual and using evga precision x and set to 80% fan speed just when i enter the game OK the fans sounds louder but headphones on .

All so using evga precision x lets Monitor the temps in game ,give that ago and then see if that fixes your stuttering problem . some time the easiest of things can be over looked like heat from a card

Soldato

This is probably because you using High performance power setting... a lot of people forget this also disables core parking :D

Back
Top Bottom