Playstation Plus

Soldato
OP
God knows, but I wrongly assumed the whole world knew about it :D.

Last hope, I am hoping that this may jog someones memory?!

used to love playing this in the arcades as a kid. The new game looks pretty naff though imo.

cp-done_zps1olsg3uz.jpg

Soldato
Ain't that the sad truth. I'd cancel my sub if I could still play online.

I actually think Sony do it like this on purpose. Last gen you could play online for free so they had to provide good games to get people to buy PS+. Whereas this gen you HAVE to buy PS+ to play online so they don't have a reason to provide AAA games anymore.

What I don't understand is why they are giving us some of the first party launch titles. Why not give us Killzone or Infamous: Second Son?

Soldato
I actually think Sony do it like this on purpose. Last gen you could play online for free so they had to provide good games to get people to buy PS+. Whereas this gen you HAVE to buy PS+ to play online so they don't have a reason to provide AAA games anymore.

What I don't understand is why they are giving us some of the first party launch titles. Why not give us Killzone or Infamous: Second Son?
You've already answered your own question.

Soldato

That might not be far from the truth.

Soldato
:p There's no reason why they can't give us their own AAA launch games. Not 3rd party ones. Games like KZ cost a few quid to buy now.

The argument against these is that many people have already played the early launch games so there's no value in them being on PS+, vs them offering new/er titles like Rocket Cars, Magika etc.

Soldato
It probably isn't far from the truth at all biron, also got to remember PS+ came out 3+ years after the PS3 was launched and it didn't start to brilliantly either. It took them a little while before the AAA titles started coming out but by then they had a massive catalogue of older games to choose from.

So i guess we will see next year if they will follow suit or not. :)

Soldato
It probably isn't far from the truth at all biron, also got to remember PS+ came out 3+ years after the PS3 was launched and it didn't start to brilliantly either. It took them a little while before the AAA titles started coming out but by then they had a massive catalogue of older games to choose from.

So i guess we will see next year if they will follow suit or not. :)

First PS+ game I got was Sam n Max devils playhouse, it wasn't until about 6 - 12 months after that we got the IGC with some excellent games included.

Associate

When PS+ started you used to get one indie game, 2 minis and a PS1 title. AAA titles didn't appear for a long time, and even then they were old. It only got really good in the last year or so of PS3.

Soldato
First PS+ game I got was Sam n Max devils playhouse, it wasn't until about 6 - 12 months after that we got the IGC with some excellent games included.

Exactly they weren't brilliant to begin with, but later down the line they started coming out with the bigger games. I think people seem to forget that they came out 3 years after the release and took another year to get to the AAA title level people are now expecting.

When PS+ started you used to get one indie game, 2 minis and a PS1 title. AAA titles didn't appear for a long time, and even then they were old. It only got really good in the last year or so of PS3.

Precisely I remember all to well what they gave and what they didn't. PS4 has just hit or is about to hit two years so i'd say another year at least before they "maybe" start upping the quality that many seem to question.

I've been pretty happy with what i've had so far considering it's mandatory to have PS+ to play online now. End of the day people will never be fully happy, we might get an AAA title that many want and many already have or it's not their kind of game so there will always be unhappy people.

Back
Top Bottom