Hunter wheel alignment prices

Soldato
£100 inc VAT for check and adjustment at Wheels in Motion. Highly regarded for setting the alignment on MX5s on the owners club and other forums which is why I went there.

Soldato
I see, so after fitting new larger alloys to a car (in a typical Booner fashion!).... would this be advised to reduce uneven tyre wear?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the info people.

I am toying with Lowering springs and renewing all my suspension bushes, as well as getting my larger wheels back on. Doesn't work out cheap mind!

I need the tracking doing anyway as I am getting slightly uneven tyre wear.

Wheels in motion is a fair way from me, not sure it's worth it just for an alignment.

Associate

I am toying with Lowering springs and renewing all my suspension bushes, as well as getting my larger wheels back on. Doesn't work out cheap mind!

Wheels in motion is a fair way from me, not sure it's worth it just for an alignment.

See: http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/ for the nearest place that has a Hunter (there is also a 5% discount voucher on there).

Soldato
So adding 18" alloys & a new suspension setup to a mondeo ST24, it could be advisable to get this done?

Soldato
I see, so after fitting new larger alloys to a car (in a typical Booner fashion!).... would this be advised to reduce uneven tyre wear?

I'd advise you to do it anyway, since the settings can be out from optimal even from the factory.

Best money you can spend on a nice car is a geometry check and adjustment!

Soldato

Alignment is one of the most important things to get checked on your car! Especailly rear wheel drive cars, tracking wont fix your uneven tyre wear at all if your camber/toe/castor are all out, which if your car is over 3 years old it probably is by now, in fact tracking is useless compared to a four wheel geometry checkup :p

Get it done at a reputable place, will make your car drive like its brand new.

Soldato
When i was getting some valves fitted at a garage (one valve was leaking!) i noticed that they had a hunter machine there.

May have to go and have this done. Will enquire about price.

Soldato
Posted this before but:

beforesmall.jpg

aftersmall.jpg

This was after the 'tracking' was done by some tyre place - yet every measurement was out! Made a massive difference to the way it drove - no more uneven tyre wear and the car drives better as a result.

Back
Top Bottom