• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is this Loud? or normal?

Associate
Yes this is a vid with the case off, but still similar noise with case off and only skipping through a youtube video

starts "boosting" with general web use and youtube viewing

have I mounted something wrong? or is this just how it sounds? :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What temps are you getting? What is the airflow like in the case?

run cputemp, idle desktops should be pretty cool and cpu fans should slow down. I cant get that video to show.

63sooz.png

this is a while after startup not much load so rather cool imo..
it's just a constant "buzz"

airflow pretty bog standard, 2 case fans in a define s case

tried to reattach the vid still not working, no idea:(

Soldato
You just quote the end bit of the link:

Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]XruGtIy2M98[/youtube ]

Sounds like either the fan might be grinding against something, or the fan is faulty and needs a bit of oiling up.

Last edited:
Associate
Temperatures do not look too high for idle.

Sounds like fan occasionally catching something?

Maybe turn power off and manually rotate the fan to see if it catches or feels rough?

Associate
OP
sorted vid,

if the fans faulty I can send it back to intel? or do I send it back to the vendor?

definitely not catching on anything

thinking of just buying an aftermarker fan.. RMA seems like a hassle

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Stephen as everyone has said the stock cooler is a bit crap so go get yourself a nice aftermarket cooler and enjoy cooler temps and quieter fans.

Associate
OP
Is that a stock cooler? looks like. If so they are loud normally because they are crap.

Hi Stephen as everyone has said the stock cooler is a bit crap so go get yourself a nice aftermarket cooler and enjoy cooler temps and quieter fans.

Yeah stock cooler thanks, I was just unsure if it was just loud or I had received a faulty fan, was looking for clarification before I bought a new fan ha

thanks a lot all, any suggestions on a cheap one?

Associate
Everyone has already said it, but the stock coolers are not good! However, if you wanted to try another stock one i still have the cooler that came with my i5 6500 (never used). Happy to send it to you if you pay postage.

Permabanned
Yeah stock cooler thanks, I was just unsure if it was just loud or I had received a faulty fan, was looking for clarification before I bought a new fan ha

thanks a lot all, any suggestions on a cheap one?

I had an old H100 die on me at christmas and replaced it with a BeQuiet cooler which does an excellent job. You don't need a fancy cooler so maybe something cheaper than anything in Bequiets range would suffice as it's not a cpu you'll overclock.

This one is £17
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpenfoehn-panorama-cpu-cooler-hs-028-al.html

I got the BeQuiet Pure rock for £30, It's a quiet model but as I said you do not really need to spend that much for your chip, Plus you'd need to check the height available in your case if you go upright.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/air-cooling/coolers/cpu?ckSuppliers=71&ckTab=0&sSort=2

Back
Top Bottom