Le Mans 2016

Soldato
Traveling on Thursday morning hopefully in time to see the night qualifying.

Stopping at the Porsche curves, so I expect a lot of walking as usually stop further up inside the circuit.
Hoping to make the drivers parade too in town, never been before, is it possible to eat in the town on Friday night or is everything booked up?

Work commitments allow us to stay Sunday night this year too so it'll be good to see the end of the race relaxed rather than preparing for a speed run home!
It's possible to eat in town, but I would definitely recommend booking.

La Chamade is where we normally go on Sunday evening after the race, but if you book before hand it's right on the road which the procession goes down (not that you can see it once inside). The food is good though.

It will be absolutely heaving at the drivers parade, I've been once but never again as it's exhausting! We normally end up just finding somewhere for a quiet pint instead :p

Ask away if you have any more questions :)

Soldato
Porsche curves is close only about a 20 minute walk from the bottom entrance at the kartng circuit etc so doesn't feel too far so long as you aren't desperate to be at the grandstands most of the time.

Can always jump on the coaches too. Good viewing from the curves, especially at night

Associate
Thanks, thats a very good idea about Sunday night food in town.

We're hoping to use the free bus to get down to arnage corner for a bit which should be interesting

Associate
Hi guys, a quick question. Apart from eurosport is there anyone else providing live coverage of this years Le Mans. I remember watching the race live a few years back via You Tube. Cheers

Associate
Apparently the organisers' feeds to the teams isn't working quite right at the moment, but when that's fixed Audi will also have a feed here:

http://www.audi-motorsport.com/de/en/home/livestream_24h_le_mans.html

Looks quite nice at the moment - Toyota doing longer stints yet also good pace, but it's that Ford-Ferrari GT battle that's interesting - blooming sandbaggers! I do wonder if either will make the flag though...

Back
Top Bottom