Canadian Grand Prix 2016, Montréal - Race 7/21

Man of Honour
1mJzlNq.png

Montréal

In the 1960s the rivalry between French and English speaking Canada meant that the country's Grand Prix had two homes: Mosport Park one year and Mont-Tremblant the next. By 1970, however, Mont-Tremblant was deemed too dangerous and the race moved full time to Mosport Park.

In 1977 the French Canadians, motivated by the incredible success of Gilles Villeneuve, decided it was about time they built a race track. Building a new circuit simply wasn't feasible, however, as time and money were against them.

Their solution was simple and effective. Taking the Ile Notre-Dame, they connected all the island's roads and made a circuit. The island had been the home of the 1967 World Fair (Expo'67) and was full of futuristic looking buildings. It was, everyone agreed, a perfect venue for a Grand Prix.

After $2m was spent on upgrading the circuit to Formula One standards, the first race was held there in October 1978. Gilles Villeneuve, in his first season with Ferrari, was yet to win a Formula One race, but at his home Grand Prix he took a memorable debut victory. Following his tragic death in 1982, the track was renamed in his honour.

His son, Jacques, never won at the track but some of the great drivers of the sport have taken the spoils here. Michael Schumacher holds the record of having won seven times in Canada. It is also the scene of Jean Alesi's single Grand Prix victory in 1995, driving the number 27 Ferrari, the same car number which carried Gilles Villeneuve into the hearts of the Canadian Formula One fans.

TV Times

Sky:
wAYecGU.png

C4:
en8EcC9.png

Track Diagram & Information

4WlZmHw.png

Weather Forecast

PFKUsbB.png

2015 Onboard Lap

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/video/2015/6/Onboard_pole_position_lap_-_Canada.html

2015 Race Edit

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/video/2015/6/Race_edit_-_Canada_'15.html

Tyre Set Selections Per Driver - Canada

P0Pelhg.png

Canada Preview Quotes

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...es/2016/6/canada-preview-quotes-montreal.html

WDC Standings

g76m69H.png

Constructors' Championship Standings

6ELwltJ.png

Pole Positions & Winners Per Grand Prix
nmOTOa8.png

Practice 1

cRLgVFf.png

Practice 2

TAf8aac.png

Practice 3

D6us1yP.png

Qualifying

m5xoF73.png

Race

hep4rEW.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Kubica's crash still makes me wince.

Some interesting tyre strategies going on there. Several not even bothering with the super soft tyres.

Associate
Ferrari are supposed to be bringing a upgrade to the turbo that reduces D-rates so it can be in full-beans mode longer :D

It'll be interesting to see where Red Bull are on Saturday/Sunday.

Soldato
Still one of the best races when we had Brundle and Coulthard commentating on what type of birds were in the puddles!

Can't believe I sat and watched all that prog, and what an amazing last lap with Button captalising on Vettels mistake!

Soldato
Still one of the best races when we had Brundle and Coulthard commentating on what type of birds were in the puddles!

Can't believe I sat and watched all that prog, and what an amazing last lap with Button captalising on Vettels mistake!

I had all 6 hours or whatever it was recorded on my sky box for years! Haha! Awesome race.

I was watching the 2008 Grand Prix yesterday on Sky F1 and i'd forgot about the Hamilton, Raikonen and Rosberg end of pit lane crash! That was amazing. Haha! What also struck me was how annoying the V8's sound compared to now.:eek: I actually prefer the sound of the new engines!?! I cant wait to hear them live at some point.:cool:

Man of Honour
I had all 6 hours or whatever it was recorded on my sky box for years! Haha! Awesome race.

I was watching the 2008 Grand Prix yesterday on Sky F1 and i'd forgot about the Hamilton, Raikonen and Rosberg end of pit lane crash! That was amazing. Haha! What also struck me was how annoying the V8's sound compared to now.:eek: I actually prefer the sound of the new engines!?! I cant wait to hear them live at some point.:cool:

I went to the Britsh GP that year with my brother. We are both big Kimi fans and so I bought a big Union Jack flag and wrote on it "Lewis should've gone to Specsavers"

We didn't get on TV.:(

Back
Top Bottom