Does anyone here still buy movies on VHS?

Soldato
I've got a few dozen vhs tapes I'm looking to get rid of. Plenty of decent films nothing rare though, it's all available on dvd. Is it worth the effort of trying to sell them or would I be better off taking them to a charity shop/dump?

Soldato
No one will want them, not even people on Freecycle! I hear even some charity shops don't take them as they can't sell them on - but worth a try.

I have lots to give away myself and not having much luck!

Associate
split them over several charity shops? im sure older people still watch 'videos'

for me personally they take up too much space, i gave all mine away.

although i did sell my doctor who ones on the bay! might be worth a checking through some of yours.

Don
binned mine ages ago

the only one I have left is a recorded tape of Shasta McNasty (old american funny show that was on Sky 1, doubt it'll ever come out on DVD :( )

Soldato
Binned all of my VHS around 6 months ago. They just sat in my room taking up shelf real-estate. There were no VHS players in the house, no idea why I held on to them for so long! :p

Permabanned
Hax. Eps 1 through 3 aren't commercially available on VHS. I'd have to see photographic proof. :D

Remember, if you made a "digital copy" of your VHS tapes you must retain the original tapes. Otherwise it's piracy.

2cro9ow.jpg

Soldato
my mums recently been buying a few vhs films actually, purely for my daughter and nephew - shes stocking up on all the old disney films for when she looks after one of them, not too bad really - lion king for 50p when on DVD its £20+ and my 2 year old really couldnt care less about quality as long as she can see and sing along

Soldato
For a couple of years I bought loads of VHS in the early 2000's on ebay for pennies each, to watch loads of movies I hadn't seen etc, when I was still on dialup. These days I can just download them in about an hour so definately no need for them.

Back
Top Bottom