[H]ard|OCP stress test of VDWNumbers for potential inclusion into the DC-Vault

Associate
5/20-5/27 - VDWNumbers - [H]ard|OCP's stress test for VDWNumbers potential inclusion into the DC-Vault - Challenge Chat | BOINCstats/BAM! -

http://www.vdwnumbers.org/

I waited to create this for after the BOINC Pentathlon. I figured with teams bunkering that participation would be low before it. I know people are shutting stuff down for the summer but would appreciate all the help we can get.

This project requires ~1GB ram per work unit. It is a math project. I have ran it on both Windows and Linux. The project has ironed out many of the previous issues it had but these challenges can bring forth some that were previously unknown. The admin already gave permission for inclusion and stated that work units are made on the fly.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I'll give it a go, currently each place is worth 70+ points so if it gets added it could make a big difference in the rankings. At 1.35 gigs/wu it won't be at full load though.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Nice dumping! :cool:

Could have been more if I had looked at the countdown clock sooner to realise it was starting 24 hours earlier than I thought :o
Had planned to put some more cores to work today to dump tonight :(

Probably only take team S.Usa a couple of days max to overtake us but will need the big-hitters to get interested to up their game and take the individual spot. Unless they haven't dumped yet !

The server struggled a bit earlier, reporting it was down for a few minutes or not able to supply work but everything is flowing freely at the moment.

Soldato
I'm struggling to get going, I don't remember this project being such a low scoring one, made worse that I'm not able to use all cores because of the memory requirements and I have so much pending.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I'm struggling to get going, I don't remember this project being such a low scoring one, made worse that I'm not able to use all cores because of the memory requirements and I have so much pending.

Scoring is the same as when I ran it before, roughly 40 - 50 credits per hour. Which is what I see you getting, windows might be a bit better than linux.

I was surprised we haven't been overtaken for top spot, in fact we have pulled away a little bit :) I think it might be helped by all the pending I have so everybody is validating my work, they get the same points as I do but I'm running more cores so keep ahead of the pack.

I don't think many are trying very hard though, whether just because of memory required or busy with other stuff. The server had about 14k units out before I started and is now running at 38k units and I have over 10k of those.

PDW

PDW

Associate

Seems like you are getting going now :)
When was the last time all the OcUK competitors finished above all the other competitors ? :D

PDW

PDW

Associate
Yeah, took a while to build up momentum though it looks like you don't need me.

It all helps push the team up the table :)
I have put a few more cores on to Zika but am watching, but if S.Usa decide to turn up in force there isn't a lot I could do.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Approaching two thirds distance and we have 3 times as many points as the 2nd placed team so looking like a win :D

Associate
OP
Sadly, I have been having a rough time with internet service and am currently without. My production is barely trickling right now and it doesn't look like I will have my service again until Thursday night. At least I hit my personal goal before it completely went out.

Soldato
Approaching two thirds distance and we have 3 times as many points as the 2nd placed team so looking like a win :D

We rock :) look at all the big names we've left trailing in our wake :D.

Sadly, I have been having a rough time with internet service and am currently without. My production is barely trickling right now and it doesn't look like I will have my service again until Thursday night. At least I hit my personal goal before it completely went out.

What's happened to Grandpa & Brilong? haven't noticed them crunching anymore, they were like one man teams.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Looks like someone might be hoarding a few WUs to dump before the end as my pending has more than doubled in the last day from 2k to over 4k. I've moved a few more cores to other stuff but the big drop in my output is due to the pending work.

Associate
OP
I'm guessing that was Bryan from The Scottish Boinc Team. He did a huge leap past pututu yesterday out of nowhere. Maybe there are others, I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom