Linx 7 tablet

Soldato
I recently bought one of these Windows 8 tablets for a whole £40 which includes a years subscription to Office 365.

My idea is to run some old games I still have CDs (and ISOs) for such as Full Throttle, Abes Exodus and maybe C&C Redalert online.

Does anyone have valuable info to hand such as worthwhile upgrades, how to access BIOS, best way to backup / save an OS image or recommended games.

One thing that I may need to buy is a micro USB hub as it come with just one micro > USB adapter - not much use for connecting a keyboard and mouse.

I basically bought it to mess around with on holiday trips instead of being limited by an iPad / iPhone. A 64gb or 128gb Samsung MicroSDXC card may be on the cards soon :rolleyes: or just connect a 1TB USB drive

Man of Honour
USB hub is a must if you want to use it with external peripherals - BIOS can be accessed via delete key at power on if you have an external keyboard - on some tablets you can access it via holding down volume up and power on but don't think it works on the LinX 7.

Micro SD card might be a better option for storage though IIRC its relatively slow on the 7" models (usually the case with other brands as well :( ).

Soldato
OP
Thanks. Hub ordered (along with a case / stand and usb keybaord)

One thing that is annoying me though is the bluetooth mouse I have connected - Logitech M180, only works when a USb keyboard is connected! Even when I dsiabled bluetooth for 30 seconds and turn it on, nothing is found. As soon as the keyboard is connected it spring into life! :confused: - edit, me being a retard. I remembered the M180 is wireless via dongle, there was a small dongle in the back of the keyboard :o

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
This thing is awesome for £40. Max payne and Unreal tournamentplay perfect (40-60fps with settings maxed except AA) Portal is even playable if a touch slow using the max resolution.

I tried Doom 3 and its playable in lowest settings in 640 x 480 :D

Back
Top Bottom